We had a wonderful Memorial weekend. We normally go to our local scenic railroad for the Day Out With Thomas over this weekend. For some unknown (and super disappointing) reason, Thomas didn't come visit us this year. But the railroad started their Wild West Days instead - and mom and dad knew that. So they surprised us with an unexpected train ride. We had a lot of fun!
Aunt Jen Jen came with us and we had such a great time. There were robbers and sheriffs on the train too.
We even got temporary mustaches - very western!
Check out my mustache - makes me look "mature" - - doesn't it?!?!
Look at my smile --- we'll never, ever, ever get tired of riding the rails!
And a family picture on the train.
Here's how Sam spent the majority of the train ride - hanging out the window, watching the scenery go by - - (with his gun at the ready!).
I also spent some time enjoying the view.
The sheriff ended up finding the money box the train robbers tried to steal and they shared the gold with us. Good thing it was Chocolate GOLD!
There was a gun fight, a tee pee to explore and learn about, and some other fun things to do. It was a great afternoon!
And of course we explored the trains and cars.
Another family photo.
And a picture with Aunt Jen Jen, mom, and the boys.
We had some lunch afterwards and enjoyed the beautiful warm sunny day.
Memorial weekend for us also involves visiting cemeteries and taking flowers to our family. Mom and Aunt Jen Jen had stopped at a family cemetery on Friday.
We also went to Grandma June's grave and did some cleaning . . . .
. . . . and left flowers.
Here we are with daddy. It was a great weekend!
Sam Alert: Hey everyone - I had a fun experience this week. I made it to the Math Bowl finals at my school. It was a lot of hard work to get here. Two students qualified from each Kindergarten class - so 6 finalists all together.
The Math Bowl took 1 hour from start to finish and the questions were tough (really tough!) and exhausting. But in the end - guess what? I won! I came in first place for the whole school. It was crazy and I was shocked. But I was also unbelievably excited and proud of myself!!!
Look at my giant smile! And a blue first place ribbon to boot! What a great morning this was for me!
And in other exciting happenings - we finally made it out for a yummy seafood dinner last night (a very belated Mother's Day dinner). I had a whole giant plate full of snow crab and I was a very very very happy boy!
Sam out - have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment