Sunday, June 29, 2014

Birthday Fun and More Fun!!!

We had another action packed week!  The fun just doesn't stop. 

We did more birthday celebrating.  No birthday is a birthday without balloons!

I enjoyed a yummy cake - a lego cake made and decorated by my favorite mom.  

Blowing out the candles.  That sure is a lot of candles on my cake!

A Mason Sandwich - a birthday tradition.

We also had some fun visiting our dentist this week.  Everyone got a good checkup - except for mom who has to go back for a filling.  Here's Sam getting his teeth cleaned.

And I'm getting my x-rays.  No chance at all that my two missing teeth are hiding - the x-rays continue to show nothing.

I got to have the best birthday night activity - I'm an official cub scout now and my first pack meeting was on my birthday night.  We made marshmallow catapults.  (Sorry, cell phone pictures that don't rotate again.)

And then one of the dad's in our pack has a real trebuchet.  That's me over on the right hand side "pulling the trigger".  It was so super cool - it really flung those soccer balls a long way through the park.  I love being a cub scout and am already working on earning some pins and belt loops.  

On Thursday, we took Grandpa L. up to one of our favorite ponds to go fishing.  We had a great time - and the fishing was fabulous!

Here's Sam reeling in a big one.  

And I've got a fish on the line here.


Grandpa got in on the fishing too. 

Grandpa caught 4 fish and Sam and I each brought in 6 fish.

 Sam really wanted to keep a fish or two to eat, but we practice catch and release.  More for next time!

Here are the fishermen.  A bad day fishing with dad (and Grandpa) is better than a good day shopping with mom!

We had another family fun activity - we went to the Utah Museum of Natural History.  Mom and the boys had been a few years back but dad had never been so we got to show him around.  Here we are with the Utahraptor.

And here we are with a Utah-based Triceratops.  So many dinosaurs have been found in our state!

Here we are doing some archaeological work.  We think the bones were from a woolly mammoth.

The native american exhibits and displays were fabulous!



And a view from the very top of the museum.  May we present - the Salt Lake Valley!

We were a little freaked out by the glass floors but it was cool to see the bones.

We also spent a day up at Silver Lake.  We go snowshoeing here every year and it was fun to see it all green with the lake unfrozen. 
We played some football up in the pine trees.

Sam's getting really great at throwing and catching. 

Here I am making a great catch.  

The lake sure is low but still beautiful.

And look at this great picture of the boys.  This was just a perfect day!

We did some rock climbing - we made mom pretty nervous but it was so fun!

And here we are at the top - still making mom nervous!

Walking the log - working on balance.

Here are some plain simple handsome boys!


And a family photo.  

We saw lots of beaver activity.  I decided to see what it might be like to be a beaver - don't think I'd like the taste of aspen.  

Another fun picture - me hanging out on a tree.

After the lake, we went back down the canyon a little ways and found the absolute best picnic spot!  We played in the river while the BBQ did its job. Here I am leaping for the "island".  

Surprisingly not a wet shoe was made during this particular stream play time.

Here we are after a delicious dinner.  Why is it that food is even better in the mountains?

We had a little tiny fire as we burned some of our paper trash.  

And there was more rock throwing, stream playing before we left.

And finally - we had some water time in our little backyard pool.  Nothing beats water guns!  
See I told you all it was a fun week!

Sam Alert:  Please enjoy a few outstanding pictures of yours truly from this week.  

Have I mentioned that I love being outside?  Well it's true.  Look at the smile on my face!

And here I am taking a short break from our hike around the lake.  I was battling some serious hunger!  You can't maintain this svelte body type without eating like a bird - every 10 minutes.

Fortunately I was up for another "Sam pose".  I do have the best poses!

Ok - Sam out - have a great week!

No comments: