Sunday, June 15, 2014

Celebrating the End

Well the last week of school finally rolled around.  Funny how you so look forward to something . . . and then when it gets here, you are kind of sad!

Here we are on our second to last day of school (our last wearing of the uniform day).  
We've sure grown up this year and learned so many new things.

Just for fun, here is our first day of school picture from last August.  Crazy how much we've changed, isn't it?!?!

Our school has a Merit Assembly on the second to last day of school each year.  Students who have earned awards get recognized at this assembly.  Both Sam and I worked hard enough to earn some awards this year.  First up - Sam:

Sam here - I sure was proud of myself this year.  I received two awards.
Here I am getting second place in the Kindergarten Speech Festival.  


And here I am with some of the other school Speech Festival winners.


And I took first place in the Kindergarten Math Contest this year.  That was some HARD math!


Here I am with the second and third place winners.  Can you believe that we're all kindergartners?  They're so much bigger than me.  It just goes to show that smart brains don't correlate directly to body size!


Ok - Mason here again - I won four awards this year.  First up - Second place in the 2nd Grade Class Speech Festival.  


Here I am with the other Speech Festival winners.  My good friend Carson took first place.  He is standing just to my right.


I also got an award for Distinguished Physical Fitness.  That's our new equivalent to the Presidential Physical Fitness program.


Then I won an award for Exceptional Academic Performance.  That means that I got straight A's all year long.  I'm pretty proud of that!!!


And finally - here I am receiving my last award from Mrs. Bly, our headmistress.


I received another $500 scholarship for Academic Achievement and Good Comportment.  


Here is one super proud boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe I've won this scholarship three years in a row.  It's good motivation to keep working hard.


And here are Sam and I on the very last day of school.  It is Circus Day/Field Day so we get to wear regular clothes.  We both left school that day saying how sad we were that school was over.  We're going to miss school, our friends, and our teachers this summer!


And the best for last - another celebration.  We have the best dad and we got to celebrate Father's Day with him today.  

We love our dad - we love to wrestle with him, play with him, hug him, and get tickled.  
Happy Father's Day daddy!

No comments: