Sunday, June 08, 2014

A Week in the Life

It was a very busy and very diverse week for us.  We're still in school and still have lots to do to get that all wound down for the year.  But summer is creeping in and and we're enjoying it all.

Our gnomes finally made their appearance in our yard.  We were thinking they weren't coming back since we'd been waiting to see them for soooo long!  We are very excited to have them back!

Our school had a family picnic one night this week.  We had a picnic dinner.

We played with our friends.

We had snow cones - yum!

It was a great night out.

We did an art project - sunshine for the coming sunny days.

Sam got sick - poor Sam.  And then I got sick too.  Poor me!

But it didn't last too long and we were back to our normal selves pretty quick.  
Sam enjoyed an ice cream cone while I was sick in bed.  He was a messy eater and declared that this ice cream dripping on his shirt was "a Chocolate Memory".  Gotta love that boy!

There was also a lot of playing - nothing beats playing with our trains.

Sam Alert:  Hey everyone - I ran another race on Saturday morning.  Poor Mason was still sick so I did it by myself.  And it was finally a warm, sunny morning for running.  This race was just a mile and I had a lot of fun.  

Here I am getting ready for the start. 

And here I am running along the course.

I can see the finish line and I was sprinting for it.

And check out my time - 10 minutes 24 seconds.  I came in 8th place overall. 
Ahh - good times!





No comments: