Our first full week of summer break was chock full of loads and loads of fun! Put on your seat belts and enjoy our week with us.
First up - bowling with Grandpa L. Grandpa L broke his hip a few weeks ago and then had a heart attack. He was finally feeling well enough for a field trip and so we picked him up and took him bowling. We had a great time - and we think he did too.
Sam won, dad came in second, then Grandpa, then me. I want a re-match!!! The sooner the better!
We took a lot of cell phone pictures this week and they don't rotate correctly on the blog, so carefully twist your head around and imagine they are right side up.
Here we are with Grandpa.
Dad had to go to a conference for part of the week so mom got to stay home with us. We got out and about a little each day. On one of the rainy days, we ended up having lunch with mom at our local Johnny Rockets - we had never been before and it sure was yummy!
We also ended up finding the Art City Donut truck and shared a tasty treat.
We're in the swing of our morning at home routine. Here I am reading with Sam. We've got to get him up to chapter books by the end of the summer - no problem. We're in a couple of great summer reading programs that are motivating us to read lots and lots.
There's also time for creativity. After watching a Curious George episode, I decided to make some signs to hang up right outside my room. There's one that says "No Dogs". Another says "Ducks on Bikes This Way", and another says "Man Cave".
We've also been enjoying some time outside. Here's Sam riding his scooter going slalom between the trash cans.
And both Sam and I have decided that we are finally going to master riding bikes without training wheels as one of our summer goals. I was doing pretty good on my first attempt. I sure do need a bigger bike though.
We "cashed in" one of our Christmas presents from Santa - he gave us tickets to go see Mary Poppins at one of our great local theaters. It was excellent!!!!
In fact, we got to meet Mary herself. She was soooo nice! She even flew in the theater!
Here we are waiting for the show to start.
We decided to start my birthday celebration early this year and enjoy four whole days of "Celebrating Mason". What could be better?!?!
I even got to open my family birthday presents early. Mom and dad got me a Nerf gun, a Skylander, and a pocket knife. Sam got me a Skylander too.
They also got me lots and lots and lots of books - they know how much I love to read!
We spent some time visiting Grandpa and Grandma L this weekend. I came across the funnies from the newspaper at their house - and I quite enjoyed them!
I also got to go out for my birthday dinner - Texas Roadhouse of course!
Sam Alert: Hey everybody - Sam here. We did another fun thing this weekend - we got new family pictures done. They were so great and we ended up with nearly 90 great photos. We're only sharing a few here. But we thought you might enjoy.
Here's the whole family.
Here are the boys - something tickled my funny bone!
This is such a great photo of Mas - can you believe how grown up we look?
And here's a great shot of me!
And here's one more photo of just the boys.
We got some funny photos too. All in all, we love doing our family photos and are so pleased with all of them.
We also did some yard work - I never get tired of helping to mow the lawn.
That's it for this week - have a great week!








No comments:
Post a Comment