Sunday, May 25, 2014

Ahh Spring!

This has been a great spring!  We've had lots of fun and enjoyed some great time outdoors - in between the raindrops.

We found a new park close to our house and we spent some time finding all the fun things to do there.  Besides all the fun things there is this great view too.

Check out this super giant slide.

And all the rocks that you can climb to get back up to the top.

There is a great zip line too.

And swings and climbing structures.


And there's even a creek that runs through it.  We had to stop and have a stick race - I won.

In other news - Aunt Jen Jen came to visit for the holiday weekend.  She brought treats - chocolate zingers which we had never had before and boy were they yummy!

We ran another race on Saturday morning.  This time it was a 2-miler.  And - - - even though the weatherman said it wouldn't rain until the afternoon, it was pouring rain when we got up.  Fortunately, the race was about an hour south of our house and by the time we got to the location the rain had let up and we got to run . . . without the rain!

Here I am at the start.

And here is a long-distance picture of Sam about 1/2 mile into the race.  See him there in the red hat and green shirt.

Here I am coming in to the finish.  This race didn't use timers but I came in around 12th place overall.

And here's Sam finishing strong.  He came in around 20th place overall.

Aunt Jen Jen came to watch us and cheer us on.

Boy was I tired after the race.  Two miles felt like fifty miles - according to Sam.  It sure was a fun race - we're loving these races.  Stay tuned for another one in a few weeks.

Sam Alert:  Hey everyone - Sam here.  May I present a couple of my favorite things from the week.  Other than our race, we spent time playing outside.  Here I am launching rockets for dad and Mason to catch.

And here I am reading to Aunt Jen Jen.  We love when she comes to visit.

Adios for now - have a great week.

No comments: