Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We hope everyone had a great Turkey Day! We sure did! Mom spent the morning in the kitchen cooking and daddy tried to keep us entertained. Dad told us both that we had to take early naps today or Uncle Nolan and Aunt Christy couldn't come over. So we obediently followed instructions and as a result. . . slept through dinner entirely. (Mom and dad say they can't remember such a peaceful meal . . . wonder what they mean by that?)

So after we both woke up, sure enough - our guests had arrived, dinner had been served, and the table was already cleaned up. Fortunately they saved some food for us. You can see dad finishing up the carving of the turkey. Lots of leftovers - yum!

I swear I hear something gobbling!!!
Did you swallow a whole turkey Uncle Noley?
Here is a picture of us doing the post dinner reading of the shopping ads. Mom says this is a required event before dessert can be served!
Here is Samuel - his first Thanksgiving!
After dinner we got down to the real point of Thanksgiving - - Football and play time. This is me coming out of my cave. "I was hiding."

Uncle Noley makes a good wrestling partner (fresh meat!).

We had pumpkin pie and whipped cream for dessert. Sam got his first tastes of real-people food. And let's just sum up his experience by saying - He LOVED it!!!
Uncle Noley was so tired by the time I got through roughing him up that I had to feed him his dessert.

Finally it was time for bed. Uncle Noley stayed to read to me. All in all - a great day. We hope your day was just as great!

No comments: