Sunday, November 09, 2008

An Early Thanksgiving

Some of dad's family came in town this week so we got to have an early Thanksgiving with them this weekend. Aunt Jill and cousins Rian and Hayden came to visit.

Everyone got together for a yummy dinner the other night. This is a picture of me and Samuel waiting for mom and dad to get ready to go. And yes, this is me offering to drive the car so we can get there faster! Mommy says this picture scares her . . . I wonder why? It's not like I have a scary Halloween costume on.

We finally made it to Aunt Cathie's house and lots of my cousins came too.
After a yummy dinner we got down to the real important stuff that I actually came for . . . . playing! Cousins Chad and Cameron make excellent wrestling dummies! Let me just put it this way . . . the triptaphan from the turkey DID NOT kick in with us kids! It was fun to spend time with family!Other fun happenings this week included . . . well . . . cold weather . . . this is me all dressed up for going outside. Yes, I have my long johns on!While we were outside doing yard work, daddy gave me a big stick. I decided it was for "making music"!Story time . . . this is how we end every day. Daddy or mommy reads to us. It is one of our favorite parts of any day.
Sam Alert: Howdy everyone! Today was a big day for me. I rolled over all by myself. Mommy put me down to play on my back and the next time she walked by, I was on my tummy. I was extremely pleased with myself! We've been practicing this feat for a few weeks now and we knew I was pretty close. Sure enough - I'm officially a roller-over! By the way, I am also officially a full 6 months old now too. Here is a picture mommy snapped of me this week.
Sometimes I fight my naps and then when you least expect it, the sleepy-tireds catch right up with you!

2 comments:

Bart/Buddy said...

Hey Longhurst family,

It Seems like you guys have been way busy having lot's of fun!!!

thanks for keeping me posted on your adventures.

Here's my blog address Thelea http://barts-space.rigdons.net/ so ya can add me.

Kat said...

Oh my goodness, those pictures are awesome! :) I especially love the one of Sam at the end. It is a classic. Glad to hear that you guys are having fun.