Time flies when you're having fun! And we have a lot of catching up to do. School started, we spent Labor Day weekend at the cabin, Grandma and Grandpa G came up to visit, swimming lessons continue, and soccer season started. Whew - we told you there was a lot of catching up to do!
School started two weeks ago. We were very much looking forward to it and we are enjoying it immensely! Here I am on my first day of Second Grade. Mrs. Anderson is my teacher this year.
Here's Sam on his first day of Kindergarten. His teachers are Mrs. Olsen and Mrs. Pulley.
Here's our traditional brothers picture for the first day of school.
We headed up to Uncle Noley's cabin over Labor Day weekend. It was a much needed break and so nice to be out in the peace and quiet of the woods. Here's Sam opening up his rock shop (Polished Rock). We both did some good sales over the weekend.
Here's a picture of me - handsome boy that I am.
We spent some time lounging on the hammock. I got a good flip completely off the hammock and skinned up my knee. But once you mastered getting on and off the hammock, it was actually quite the comfy place to lounge.
We love to help cook. Here we are making breakfast one morning. Mmmm, moose pancakes.
We got a great hike in with dad and Uncle Noley.
On our hike, we found this amazingly cool caterpillar. It was beautiful!
Just think of the cool moth it will one day become.
And check out this nifty mushroom that we found at the cabin.
Here we are hanging with Uncle Noley. We were hoping to get some good star gazing in, but the clouds kept hanging around in the evenings.
We had waffles for breakfast another morning.
Why is it that everything tastes so yummy in the woods?
And here we are doing the traditional pancake/waffle toss from the deck. Those raccoons and other little animals must love it after we leave.
Grandpa and Grandma G stopped in for a quick visit - they came up for a family funeral. We enjoyed being able to spend a little time with them. Here I am with Grandma.
And here's Sam with Grandpa.
Swimming lessons continue. We're loving it and actually doing really well. We're backstroking pros and now we're working on the front stroke.
And soccer season just started this past weekend. We both wanted to sign up for team play this fall. Sam had his first game on Saturday. We were all just a little bit nervous about whether he would actually feel ready to get out there on his own and play hard. He proved us all completely and totally wrong - he was an animal! He got right out there and played super hard. Even when he got knocked down, he jumped right back up and kept going. We are soooo proud of him!
My team had a short meet and greet on Saturday. We didn't actually get to play a game. Next week for sure!
We went out for ice cream after Sam's game and you can tell from my face that I sure wished I had gotten to play!
Sam Alert: Hey everyone. Yep - I kept insisting that I wanted to play soccer this year (after taking last year off). And I am loving it! I'm really fast and a pretty darn good player. Look at the confidence just oozing from me!
Here is a picture of me helping dad with some fix-it chores around the house. I'm handy that way.
And here I am with my very first ever spelling test. I got 100%. I am so proud of myself.
Oh - and in other big news, I lost another tooth this week (the other front top one). It just came right out as I was brushing my teeth the other day.
Sam out - have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment