Sunday, September 15, 2013

Extracurricular Activities

It's been a pretty easy transition to school again after a nice long summer.  And we're in the groove now.  Wake up early, get ready, drive to school, spend the day learning and having fun, do our homework, do some extracurricular activities, go to bed, and then do it all over again the next day.  It's a good life!
 
First though, you have to see my sleeping arrangements from last night.  Little Ms. Shadow decided to spend the night cuddled up to me.  She likes to sleep inside when it starts getting cold outside.  And, for some reason, she really likes me and my bed better than any others.
 
Ok - turn your heads again for this picture.  Mom always lets us have a few minutes to play in the pool after we're done with swimming lessons.  Here I am getting soaked by the bucket.  
 
And then there's soccer. Between practices and games, soccer is keeping us pretty darn busy.  Sam's game was first on Saturday.  He had a GREAT game!
 
Here Sam is scoring his goal for the day. He's in the mix there - look hard.  Mom grabbed the camera and pressed the button to make sure we captured the moment (even though the camera wasn't straight).   
 
And then, there was a first (and definitely not a last) - Sam got the first soccer nosebleed between us.  He got a shoe to the face while we was down.  He was the toughest Sam we've ever seen.  The crowd was amazed and cheering.  We got the bleeding stopped, cleaned him up  a little, and he went right back out on the field to help end the game.  Here he is after the nosebleed.
 
 Here's one more action shot from Sam - throwing in the ball.
 
And then my game started.  It's different this year - my age group plays positions, with a goalie, and has a referee.  It's the big time.  I've always loved offense, but after Saturday's game, I'm thinking that I like defense quite a bit.  Hint - I chose Orange shoes this year and it really helps when looking at the photos after the game - just look for the orange shoes and you'll find me.
 
Check out this kick.  I had a great game too.
 
And here I am dribbling the ball.  
 
It's hard to see in this particular picture, but I had a first in my game too.  It POURED rain on us.  And we played right through it.  Here I am trying to score - but the other team's goalie was amazing.
 
Sam Alert:  Hey everyone - I LOVE soccer.  We both do. 
Here is a handsome boy getting ready to play.  Oh wait - that handsome boy is me!
 
And here is my team picture for this year.  We were missing two of our players, but let me tell you - we have a great team!  Lots of aggressive players who aren't afraid to get in and play hard, including me.  We are the Eagles.
 
And here is Mason's team.  They did pictures after their rainy, rainy game and you can see just how soaked they got.  They are the Green Dragons.
 
Sam out - have a great day!

No comments: