Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Three "R"s

 Man - the weeks are just flying by.  It seems like we've been in school forever.  Soccer is already half over.  And fall/winter are definitely in the air.  That cold weather we mentioned last week - it came in for a short visit already.  Brrrrrr! 
 
Besides having to turn on the heater at the house to keep us warm at night already, we worked on our version of the Three R's this week. 
 
First up - Reading!  We both love reading.  I am an avid reader and Sam is really making some great progress as a kindergartner this year.  He is reading lots of books and I am enjoying being able to sit with him and either read to him or listen to him read to me.  Here we are snuggled up doing a little reading from the iPad. 
 
Second - Running!  We are really enjoying soccer this year.  I was feeling a little more spry this week and got out there and worked hard during my game yesterday.  My game was at exactly the same time as Sam's so mom and dad had to split up to cover everything.  Dad got to come to my game and he is not known for remembering to take lots of pictures during the games.  Let's just say he came home hoarse with only this one picture to show for it.  I'm really loving being a defender.  My team won - we're pretty good this year.
 
 Mom covered Sam's game - he ran his little legs off.  Seriously - this kid has come a zillion miles since he played two years ago.  Look at him in there, always after the ball.
 
And here's a great picture showing how hard he works.  He's got lots of energy and its a good thing. 
 
One last picture from Sam's game.  Next week, you'll see some photos of my game - our games are at exactly the same time again but I get mom - and the camera. 
 
And the third R - "Art"!  Say it out loud - ART - see it is an R.  In celebration of this lovely Fall we're having, we did an art project with mom and made apples.  Mmmmm - mom promised she would make some caramel dip to go along with some yummy apples this week.  We can't wait. 
 
Sam Alert:  Hey everyone - how about another R for you?  Rainbow pancakes for dinner one night this week.  See R = Rainbow!  Super yummy and delicious.
 
 And I asked for a special Sam portrait with my apple art.  Aren't I adorable?  Yes!!!
 
Sam out - back at you next week.

No comments: