June has arrived in all its glory. Part of that glory is that it is my birthday month. Can you believe that I'll be 7 years old this month? No? Neither can dad and mom! I've been talking to them about having a friend birthday party for years. They finally agreed that we could have friend parties on our 7th and 12th birthdays. The only trouble with my birthday is that it falls in the summer - after school is out - and after I loose touch with my school friends. So we decided to have an early friend party this year (before school gets out) so that my friends would still be around to come. And boy - did we have a great party!!!
First up though - we spent Friday evening at the park with some friends and one of Sam's teachers from school - they live in our neighborhood and we've been talking about having a play date at the park with them all year long - we finally made it happen. It was great fun - except for the broken arm part (one of the friends of our friends that came along for the fun).
We call this park the "Jeep Park" because of this Jeep that there is to play in. It doesn't do much except sit in the sand and let you turn the steering wheel, but it makes this park a big hit for us.
And then on Saturday, it was party day. We didn't sleep very much in anticipation. And some of our friends mom's said my friends didn't sleep much either the night before. It was sooooo much fun to have some of my friends together to play! We had my party at our local bounce house and it was perfect. Not too many other customers - in fact, a lot of the time, we would have a bouncy apparatus all to ourselves. And we ran from one bouncy thing to the next pretty darn quickly.
At one point, we all got inside this jumping house and we started singing songs from our spring program at school. All of the moms and dads thought we were adorable!!! We sang quite a few of the songs and had a great time doing it.
Then after we were somewhat tired out from bouncing, we stopped for some pizza and soda.
And of course, there was birthday cake.
And birthday presents. But the really best part of all was having my friends there to play. A great time was had by all!!! I will sure miss most of these friends as we all head to different campuses next year.
Here's Sam and me today, just chilling after church - having a snack. I'm still on a birthday party high. It's going to be a great month!!!
Sam Alert: Hey everyone - Sam here. I loved the park - climbing, sliding, and swinging. Great fun in my book.
And I LOVE the bounce place!!! It was fun to hang with Mason's friends. I know them all from school too and it was like I was just one of them (even though I'm not in the same class).
And finally, more proof that I am not a morning person. Hum, I wonder where I get this trait from??? Mom!!!!!
Sam out!
No comments:
Post a Comment