It was a busy week . . . . with a little of this and a little of that going on.
It was our last week of school - which, if you ask us, came all too quickly. We actually really like school and we like seeing our teachers and friends every day. So summer will actually be a little hard. Although we do love sleeping in and playing all day. So the pain of the end of school isn't horrible.
Anyway - we thought we'd do a little comparison for you. The first picture is us on the first day of school - last August. The second picture is us this week, the last week of school. Notice a few differences? Yep - that old broken arm of mine last August is one thing that's different. Also - check out the length of my shorts - below the knee in August, and well above the knee in June. Yep - I've grown a little too. So did Sam - he grew about 2 1/2 inches this year. Our shoes are also pretty worn out and our clothes aren't quite so bright and new. It was a great year - more on that to come below.
Mom and dad were invited to our Merit Assembly again this week - only parents of students receiving awards get to come. Well - we already knew about a couple of awards that I had earned, but there were also a few surprises for me in the assembly. I ended up earning 6 awards this year. I took 2nd place in the Art Festival, 2nd place in the Young Author Fair, 2nd place in the Math Contest, a National Fitness Award, 80% or higher on all of my work, and . . . . another $500 scholarship for Academic Achievement and Good Comportment. That was a lot of awards - everyone, including me, was very proud!!! I told you that I love school!
Mom snapped a quick picture of me in class as we were getting ready to get back to work after the Merit Assembly.
Sam and I started summer lessons this week too. We're taking Karate and Swimming lessons. And we LOVE them both. Here I am working on floating on my back.
After swimming lessons, we met up with dad and some family for a yummy dinner to celebrate our accomplishments and awards at school. I decided to also turn it in to a dinner to celebrate my early birthday. I've always enjoyed sitting on the saddle at our favorite restaurant for birthdays. It was finally my turn!
And here we all are after dinner.
On the last day of school dad and mom came to help my class with field day. We had soooo much fun! We did sponge/water bucket races. And we got really wet - which made it extra fun - it was a hot day!
And we had balloon races.
And we were just plain goofy!
Here I am with some of my friends - I will miss them! It was a really good year!
And then on Friday night, the parents surprised us with a night out at the baseball game. It was lots of fun. And our home team won.
It was mustache night - I decided to turn mine into a beard.
Here's Sam and me - it was such a great night!
Sam Alert: Howdy ya'll. Check out my beard! Yes, you can call me the chick magnet - dad said if I kept eating spicy food I'd grow hair on my chest. Who knew it would creep up to the chin. :-)
Sam out!

No comments:
Post a Comment