Now That Was A Week!
Well, so much for being boring and dull. We finally got some energy going and had a really wonderful week.
First up - a Monday night at Thanksgiving Point Farm Country. What could be more fun that getting to milk a cow? Sam jumped right up and went straight to work . . . no questions asked. And he was a good milker too.
I, on the other hand, had to be properly introduced to "Bessie" and think about it all for a few minutes. Then I hesitantly went to work on the business end of a cow. But I got the hang of it too and enjoyed squirting mom with the milk.
Ah - this baby cow was more my style.
Both Sam and I love riding the horses . . . no questions asked here either. We just jump right up and give the horses a good walk around the corral.
Check out Sam - not afraid at all this year!
The feeding of the goats.
Love the goats!
Saturday was soccer games. My game was first. I scored three goals this week.

And look, the parents actually got a picture of one of my goals this week. Yeah!
I do love soccer! It is my favorite sport, so far.
Then Sam had his game. He was still a little nervous so he made mom or dad be out on the field with him. But look at this - he scored a goal. Good job Sam!
And by the end of the game, he was out there running around, chasing the ball. Go Sambo!
It's hard to see summer come to an end - we're not ready. But it is turning in to a beautiful fall! We headed up to the mountains this weekend to enjoy the wonderful weather and see the beautiful leaves. We ended up at Silver Lake in Big Cottonwood Canyon.
We did some hiking, and some leaf looking, and some tree climbing - ok, so the tree was laying down, but we still climbed it.
A family photo.
Daddy loves to take us out on trees that have fallen into lakes. Look at the beautiful sky and the colors on the mountains.
It really was an amazingly beautiful day.

Mom and the boys.
And dad and the boys.
We did some rock climbing . . .
. . . and rock jumping. Imagine Sam, the billy goat, scampering up the rock and then taking the leap of faith off the rock.
I jumped and scampered too
- but let's see it for real on the video.
We did some more hiking . . . and then had a picnic lunch. Yum.
Really - it was a beautiful day! We're hoping for another good weekend before all the leaves and colors are gone.
Oh - and we saw this giant bull moose too. He hardly compared to the little chipmunk we saw on the trail. The end to a perfect day!
Sam Alert: Hey everybody - Sam here. It's official - mom has confirmed it. I'm not a baby anymore! I can ride Mason's bike all by myself. This tells us a couple of things: #1 - Mason needs a bigger bike! #2 - I am officially a big boy. Oh, and #3 - but don't tell Mason - - - I'm super speedy and fearless, as always.
And a picture of me from our hike at Silver Lake. I love hiking and climbing and jumping, and really anything that involves being outside.
Have a great week everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment