Can you believe that it is already the 4th of July? It seems impossible that our summer is flying by so quickly. We LOVE summer time - we generally stay up later, play hard, and do fun things.
I finished up my first session of swimming lessons this week. I did really well. Here is a picture of me jumping off the deck in to the pool.
Our newest tradition is to have a family activity on Monday evenings. This Monday was daddy's choice - and he chose fishing. We found some cool fishing ponds down in the river bottoms near our house - unfortunately it was super hot out and the fish just weren't biting. We had fun trying though.
Then we stopped and had a picnic at a park near our house. This is Sam and me and daddy wrestling on the grass.
Daddy let me drive the truck when we moved it into a shaddy spot. Mommy said she about had a heart attack when she saw this!
I've also been getting in some arts and crafts this week. Daddy brought home some modeling clay and we made a snowman family out of the clay. Can you see us all? There's daddy, mommy, me, Sam, and Copper. I even made our house.
Then daddy picked out some fun wooden cars for me to paint. I really, really like to paint. These little cars already have about 5 coats of paint on them as I decide to change colors every time I pick up a brush.
Sam and I can play together really well - most of the time. Here is a picture to document our good times!
Here is me, Sam, and mommy watching the fireworks. Boy was our circle full of lots of trash after we were done. It was worth it!
Mommy taught Sam and me the proper way to express our appreciation of a good fireworks display - - - "Ohhhhhhh, Ahhhhhh".
Sam Alert: Hi everybody! Sam here - I'm finally into the 17 pound range now . . . packing on the pounds - that is my summer job. Life is great. My most favorite place to play is on the stairs - wouldn't you know.
I'm really enjoying summer time. I've finally gotten used to the feel of grass on my skin. I still don't love that feeling, but I can stand it enough to get around as fast as I can. For some reason I love to pluck mommy's flowers - maybe it's their pretty colors and soft petals. I love to cruise around and to do anything my big bro is doing!
1 comment:
What a fun time you have been having. I remember taking that pic of you and the boys on the curb at our 4th of july celebration.That is a fun tradition our neighborhood has. So glad you are our neighbors. We love you guys!!
Post a Comment