Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Slow Summer Week


I guess if we have to have a slow week during our "summer of fun" this was it. Who knew a little guy could get pneumonia in the middle of summer? I sure didn't - and boy it hit me hard! Sunday morning I was feeling great and by Sunday night I had a 102 degree temperature and was miserable. Monday was worse. By Tuesday morning, we were at the doctor's office and they were running all kinds of tests. Finally they said it was pneumonia and gave me some great drugs and sent me home to be miserable in my own bed.

The good news is that I'm feeling a little bit better every day. I still have to take it easy but things are looking up. Here I am getting the newspaper and mail for mom. I am quite the good little helper!

The other fun news of the week is that Grandpa and Grandma G. came to visit us. I had a fun time introducing them to my naughty gnomes. This is us under daddy's giant sunflowers.

Sam Alert: Hi everybody. This week's pictures of me are all about food - - I don't really know why since I don't eat a lot of the stuff, but the family finally found a few food items I did want to partake of. Ever try banana bread batter - trust me - - super yummy! It's even better with two hands!

And really . . . can you blame me for loving fresh corn on the cob from a farmer's roadside stand? Who doesn't love this!

I'm busy taking care of Mason (and playing with all his fun toys while he's resting) and we'll be back in strong form next week!

Sam Out!

No comments: