Sunday, June 07, 2009

Fun with . . . Sprinklers, Temples, New Parks,
and T-Ball!

So what do you think all these things have in common?

The answer: we did them all this week.

First we got out our fun new sprinkler and played in the back yard. It is cool - it squirts water straight up and sideways. You can also drop balls in it and it squirts them up in the air and holds them there with the water. Super cool!

Then on Thursday we had reservations to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House which is just down from our house. It was really neat. We went with our neighbors Randy, Ludaun, and Bart and their family. When we got there we ran in to our next door neighbors, President & Sister Homer (Bob and Rhonda). I got a VIP ride with Pres. Homer around the parking lot.Here is a picture of all of us together.President Homer gave us our own special tour of the temple. It was great! He even let me climb down in the baptismal font and touch the water. It was warm - and the reason I know that was warm is that more than just my finger got wet (ok - my finger and my leg)!!! He said I was probably the first person to go in with the water all filled up.And here is a picture of our family.Then this weekend mommy took me and Sam up to this cool lake and park right near our house that we didn't know about. We met our neighbors Mary & Stratton there and they showed us around.There was this really cool river that we got to splash around in. This is me and Mary.And here is a picture of me with mommy.Let's just say I was very happy . . . there was water and lots and lots of rocks to throw!Then we got out my T-Ball stuff and I started batting practice. Daddy said he was "surprisingly impressed" with my hand/eye coordination - and my ability to hit the ball. Why does this suprise him? I am 2 years old after all!Sam Alert: Hey everybody! I've been a little under the weather this week. We thought it might be some teething - yes new teeth are showing up now! But I also probably have a bit of a bug on board as well. Hopefully the bug will move on really soon. This is a picture of me digging in to some Spaghetti-o's. It's more fun to eat when you can make a big mess along the way.Daddy was in charge of getting me dried off and dressed after my bath the other night. Part of those duties involve hair-combing and teeth-brushing. This is how my hair ended up . . . straight up!Mommy refuses to cut my hair still. She says it is sooo blond and fine that you can barely see that I actually have hair so she doesn't want to cut any off yet. What do you think? Daddy thinks I have a big comb-over. We'll see how this ends up . . . .

1 comment:

Kat said...

Ok, I totally love all these pictures. It looks lik eyou are having a blast and enjoying summertime. :) We are planning on going to the open house too. A VIP tour is awesome though. Wahoo for the teething and getting more. I hope they come in quick and not too painful. Love you all!