A Beautiful Day at the Cabin
Saturday was a beautiful day and what better way to enjoy it then spending it up at Uncle Noley's cabin. They are laying some new water pipes and lots of the roads were torn up which means there were some big trucks and big machines sitting around. We were able to get out and see this big excavator. It was really cool to be so up close and personal to it!
Saturday was a beautiful day and what better way to enjoy it then spending it up at Uncle Noley's cabin. They are laying some new water pipes and lots of the roads were torn up which means there were some big trucks and big machines sitting around. We were able to get out and see this big excavator. It was really cool to be so up close and personal to it!

Within about the first hour up at the cabin, we were able to do some fishing. No, not for real fish, but for balls. Somehow most of the balls I throw end up under something . . . like the refrigerator. Fortunately Uncle Noley had a flashlight and long stick.
It was a nice relaxing day. We enjoyed sitting on the deck and watching the hummingbirds and being with family.
Uncle Noley and I played "Tiger in the grass".
It was a nice relaxing day. We enjoyed sitting on the deck and watching the hummingbirds and being with family.
Uncle Noley and I played "Tiger in the grass". I think I can growl louder than he can!
I love being able to help out when I'm there.
I love being able to help out when I'm there. Here's a question for you . . . . how many people does it take to re-hang a fallen birdhouse?
Answer: One - one tough little boy with a power tool!
Answer: One - one tough little boy with a power tool!
There was some lightening and thunder and a few sprinkles and so the adults were a little reluctant to go for a nice, long hike.
So - - I took off on my own hike. Can you see me way up on the hill just above the fallen tree?
Yes, daddy had to do a full blown tick-check after we got home last night!
I also enjoyed learning about "Pantsing" someone. That someone will remain nameless in order to protect their dignity ( . . . Uncle Noley . . . )!
There were lots of beautiful mountain hummingbirds flying around the cabin. They are incredibly loud and sooooo much fun to sit and watch and listen to!!!
For those of you who don't know this about me . . . I'm a HUGE fan of rocks! I collect rocks - - almost every rock I see. The mountains are a fantastic place to collect rocks! Look at these big ones I found. I now have my own rock collection site by the cabin. Oh - and it was extremely important that I got my rocks to shelter when it started to rain! They shouldn't get wet!!!
Thanks for a great day at the cabin! And for the yummy lunch - we were asleep in the truck before we even got back to the highway!
Sam Alert: Hi everyone - - Sam here. I really am feeling tons better. I'm getting to be quite the climber and hardly even mind the feeling of grass on my toes and legs anymore. Here I am hanging with the boys on the deck of the cabin.
I also enjoyed learning about "Pantsing" someone. That someone will remain nameless in order to protect their dignity ( . . . Uncle Noley . . . )!
There were lots of beautiful mountain hummingbirds flying around the cabin. They are incredibly loud and sooooo much fun to sit and watch and listen to!!!
For those of you who don't know this about me . . . I'm a HUGE fan of rocks! I collect rocks - - almost every rock I see. The mountains are a fantastic place to collect rocks! Look at these big ones I found. I now have my own rock collection site by the cabin. Oh - and it was extremely important that I got my rocks to shelter when it started to rain! They shouldn't get wet!!!
Thanks for a great day at the cabin! And for the yummy lunch - we were asleep in the truck before we even got back to the highway!Sam Alert: Hi everyone - - Sam here. I really am feeling tons better. I'm getting to be quite the climber and hardly even mind the feeling of grass on my toes and legs anymore. Here I am hanging with the boys on the deck of the cabin.

And here I am with daddy - we played Lincoln Logs. 

2 comments:
Hey Good job on the depantsing!!! Looks like you almost had them too. Just remember only do that to Uncles not Aunts or at least Aunt Jen Jen!!!
Ok, I absolutely laughed so hard when I read about the pantsing thing. :) I can totally see Mason doing that. :) Your little guys are getting so big! Thanks for the tip on the This Is The Place park. We are definately going to have to go try that sometime.
Post a Comment