Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well - finally, after months and weeks of waiting, the big day has finally arrived - my third birthday. The first words out of my mouth this morning (after "Good morning Daddy" - which mommy loves to hear because it means she gets to sleep in) were "It's my birthday!". I have been thinking about and dreaming about my birthday for a long time and it was definately worth the wait!

We started the day with swimming lessons (more about that this weekend) and then went to get family pictures taken (more about those in a future post as well). Then, after a much needed nap, birthday time arrived. Here is a picture of my cake - it's a Thomas the Tank Engine cake that daddy and mommy made for me. Note the mountains with a cabin on the top - Thomas and Uncle Noley's cabin - - two of my most favorite things in the whole wide world.
Ahhh - corn on the cob and birthday cake. What more does a three-year-old need? Blowing out candles sure is hard work!
Thanks to everyone who came over to visit me or called me on my birthday. It's always great to share good times with family and friends.Cake - who needs a plate and a fork? Not me! I got lots of really great presents this year - roller skates, cars, water toys, books, games, and lots of train stuff. Sam gave me this cool travel tote for some of my trains.Aunt Jen Jen and Uncle Michael got me a Cranky the Crane set (part of Thomas' stuff). I love it!And daddy and mommy got me my very first bicycle. It is sooooo cool!With a little bit of practice I'll be cruising the streets in no time! Thank you to everyone for a great birthday!

Sam Alert: I know it wasn't my birthday today, but I enjoyed helping get ready for Mason's big day. I was the biggest help with making his birthday cake. Ok - so my help was mostly licking the beaters - but I was good at it and that's all that really matters!

3 comments:

Summer Days said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MASON!!!!

Glad you like your cranky!

Finding Joy in the Moments said...

Happy Birthday Mason. Cant wait to see that new bike. looks like you had a fun party.

but Sam Got the best part of the cake. The beaters. yum!!

Heather said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Mason! Looks like you got some cool stuff!

I can't believe he's 3 already!!! Where does the time go?