Sunday, December 07, 2008

1st Week of December: A Success!

December is supposed to be the best month for little boys and so far we're on track. Mommy took a day off this week and we went to the Festival of Trees with our friends Ludaun, Bart, Easton, Beau, and Amber. There were so many fun things to see and do - - most importantly - - the BIG guy was there! Santa was our very first stop. He asked me what I wanted and then asked me if I had been good - - - I was prepared with my answers! Now he knows! We'll see if he comes through.We saw some pretty trees and gingerbread houses. This tree had a Dalmatian with it - they're my favorite! This is Samuel as we wandered through the trees. He enjoyed the eating and sleeping parts of the day the best.My friend Easton and I went fishing in Santa's pond. I caught a fish right away and pulled him right up. And believe me - I wasn't going to let any body "Catch and Release" this one! The lady in charge told my mom later that I wasn't really supposed to keep the fish - just the candy, but she let me keep the fish too because that was really all that was important about the whole thing!This is me in a humongous super bubble. Super cool! Easton and I made Reindeer hats too. And we got Elf wands and fudge. All in all a really great day! Mommy says she already has it on the calendar again for next year! And yes - it was still warm enough to spend another day at the cabin yesterday. There was more snow this time, but it was still absolutely beautiful! Dad says it was warmer at the cabin that it would have been at home. He called it "inversion" - what ever that is! I spent a good part of the day playing in the snow. I made snow angels.
And I had a snowball fight with Grandpa and Grandma L. Of course it was a suprise attack so they weren't quite prepared. And I built a snowman. We didn't have any carrots so we used some old grass for his nose and rocks for his eyes.I brought "Hop A-Long", my new horse from the Festival of Trees, along for the day. I also found Uncle Noley's cowboy hat and when I wasn't outstide playing in the snow, I was riding my pony around the cabin.Here is a picture of the men - Sam, Daddy, Grandpa L. Uncle Nolan, and Mason. Three generations!
Sam Alert: Sam here - it really was a great week. I got to sit on Santa's lap too and even though I can't say words yet, I'm sure he knows what I'd like for Christmas this year too! Big news this week - I have teeth! Yes, that's not "tooth", but rather the plural "teeth". Both of my bottom front teeth are in. I'm chewing on anything and everything I can sink my teeth in to!
This is a picture of the ever elusive "Samdeer". (Daddy thinks he's funny!)
A Sam Sandwich!
See I get all the attention when Mason's not around!

2 comments:

Kat said...

You guys are so cute! I love the Sam-deer. :) What fun to go to the Festival of Trees. Maybe I'll have to take a little trip up there. :) Hope things are going good for you.

Heather said...

You already have it on your calendar for next year?!?!? Is there a list/agenda too? LOL! Just teasing!!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I can't believe how big the boys are getting! I miss the snow (honestly). I think the week it's supposed to get back up to 80. Not very appealing, believe me!