Hi everyone - Sam here. Well it was a good week . . . and an even better weekend. The weekend was all about me! More to come about that in a minute. First up - our week. It is spring in Utah and that means ever changing weather. It snowed at our house this week - just a bit. And even though it warmed right back up, the mornings are still a little chilly. This is me and Mason coming down for breakfast all bundled up.
And here I am with my brother watching an episode of Curious George one evening before bedtime.
A couple of handsome boys . . . wouldn't you say?
Here we are dancing around, getting our energy up for some serious house cleaning.
I got to spend a big chunk of Saturday with my dad. Here I am helping him work on a sprinkler. The best way to see is from a top view. Ah - that's one patient daddy!
And then today we started the multi-day celebration of my 5th birthday. Yes, you read that correctly! I'll be five tomorrow. Finally! Check out my super giant smile as I got up this morning and spied all of the birthday decorations and celebration paraphernalia.
And my balloons - no birthday is complete without birthday balloons. Just ask us - we'll set you straight. (Note there are five balloons - five!)
My birthday dinner coincided with Cinco de Mayo so I asked mom to make tacos and guacamole. Um, um, good!
Then we played some games - good times!
Then I got to open my family gifts tonight. Mason got me a super fun Cars racing set.
Mom and dad got me some books, an ammonite . . . .
. . . . and a hot wheels track set. Oh my - super super fun!
We decided to hold off on the special, made-to-order birthday cake until the actual day. But mom had also made some Oreo Fluff - and let's just say it is absolutely amazing!!!!! Think white chocolate pudding, cool whip, mini marshmallows, and oreos. Oh my! I licked my plate clean - no kidding! Ok - more to come next week on the actual birthday day, but the run up to "the day" has been great! Why not stretch it out? It's even better that way!
Mason Alert: Mason here - It sure is hard to watch your brother have a birthday. But I'm working on it! Anyway - I had been saving up a gift card to the toy store and finally got a chance to spend it this week. I picked up this great pirate set and have been playing with it constantly.
I do love my brother - Happy Birthday Sambo!
No comments:
Post a Comment