It was a great week of wrapping up Sam's birthday celebrations. We also really got down and dirty with some much needed yard work.
First up - Sam's actual Birthday Day - for his family activity (a tradition for part of our family birthday celebrations) he selected mini golfing. It was a fairly windy afternoon but that ensured that the golf course was pretty empty. Uncle Noley and Aunt Christy joined us and we had a great time. Here's Sam teeing off.
Look at that putting form!
Here I am in front of the Haunted House. Oh - fun!
Then we headed back home for some birthday cake - homemade Oreo cake. Yum!
Sam's spring program was this week too. We'll add a few videos later but for now, here are some pictures - Sam with one of his teachers, Miss Dawn. We love Miss Dawn!
And here he is with Miss Rebecca - what a great year he has had at school!
Somehow the only picture of all the yard work we got from this weekend was this one - here we are helping daddy with a new gnome planter that mom picked up. His name is Duncan and he's already friends with Blunkin' and Flip Flop from last year.
Today we took some flowers to Grandma June's grave. This is always an important tradition that we do on Mother's Day.
Here we are with daddy.
And finally -- a quick picture with mommy.
Sam Alert: Hey everyone, Sam here. Oh man, did I have a great birthday this year! And I announced to mom and dad (with a BIG sigh) that when you turn five years old, you know everything! It's true. I don't feel much older, but I know a lot more than I did a year ago. Here I am blowing out the candles on my cake. I can't believe I have to wait another year for my next birthday. But since I already know everything, it's just a matter of the numbers now.
Sam out!
No comments:
Post a Comment