Sunday, February 24, 2013

Aliens, Science, and Flying

Isn't it great to have holidays in January and February?  It's a day off for the whole family and on this last Monday, we slept in, had a great breakfast, and headed out to our local movie theater.  We were the only ones there for the first little while (this is an old theater that not a lot of people go to - but we love it, mainly because it's not super busy).  So we literally had the full run of the place.  And we ran, and ran, and ran.  It was really good for tiring out some energetic boys!  And then the movie started and it was great.  Escape from Planet Earth - two thumbs up!

After the movie we headed out for some ice cream.  Mmmm, mmmm, good!

It is science fair time and we did a class project this year about plants.  My group's question was could plants grow without soil?  We presented our findings to our families on Friday.  It was lots of fun - we learned lots.  Here is my group presenting what we learned.

And here I am with my best friends at school.  We have so much fun together!

Here I am with our project board, my plant, and my lab journal.
 
We even wrote a Haiku poem and made a painting to go along with our science project.
 
Finally, here I am with the seeds that our class sprouted.  I love science!

Sam Alert:  Hey everyone.  Sam here.  I thought I'd share a short video of me from this week.  One day after school, I was awfully quiet.  Mom was fixing dinner and Mason was doing his homework.  All of a sudden, I started making some noise - after I prepared my "landing zone" I started "flying" through the air.  Take a look and see - 7 stairs without a running start.  (Sorry for another sideways video - when will mom learn that you can't turn the camera sideways when making a video?  Mom!)

Here I am with Mason at his science fair.  He is showing me his poem and painting.

I can't wait until next year when I get to participate in the science fair! 

Sam out!  Love you!

No comments: