Sunday, December 02, 2012

Dinos, Projects, and Angels

Well now, that title makes our week sound pretty full, doesn't it?  Daddy had to work late a few nights this week, so we headed out to Family Night at the Dinosaur museum with Mom last Monday night.  We haven't done this as much as we used to . . . and we still love it.  They always have fun things for us to do and see.  The Grinch had been in the museum and the scavenger hunt, crafts, and games are always a hit. 
 
Here I am with a Smilodon (Saber Tooth Cat). 
 
And here I am with the Megalodon - super giant shark like guy that lived around the time of dinosaurs.  This is what I really wanted to see the most this trip.  My friend and I had gotten in to a deep discussion at school about this guy.  I wanted to see him again up close and personal.  And I studied up on how he relates (size wise) to a great white shark.  It was fun to be able to share what I had learned with my friend at school the next day. 
 
 And here is Sam with the Woolly Mammoth. 
 
We're loving the holiday lights that are up everywhere! 
 
We got up early on Saturday morning to head to the kid's workshop at Home Depot.  Guess who was there to visit with all the kids?  Yes the big man in red himself! 
 
Our project this month was a picture frame.  We made, it painted it, and decorated it all by ourselves.
 
Dad is always right there to answer our questions and help us along. 
 
And here we are with our projects - - - all done and beautiful!
 
After we finished at the workshop, we got to go shopping for the Angel Tree.  This is one of our most favorite Christmas traditions.  In fact, this year Sam and I have been doing extra chores to earn some money to save for this very shopping trip.  We picked a little 5 year old boy this year who needed some clothes and snow boots and transformer toys.  We had so much fun shopping for him.  We each picked out a toy and paid for it with the money that we had earned.  It always makes us feel so good to know that we've helped give presents to someone who really needed them.  We each had a little change leftover and got to drop it in the Salvation Army bucket at the entrance to the store where we dropped our packages off.  I think our hearts grew three sizes this day!  Here we are at lunch after all of our shopping was done.
 
 Other than that, we've been doing a little more Christmas decorating.  We don't have our tree yet, maybe next weekend. 
 
 
And we went to visit Grandma June's grave for her birthday.  All-in-all, a good week all around!
 
Sam Alert:  Hey everyone - check out my new "do".  My hair is just the right length to do a faux hawk.  I've been having mommy gel it up this way to go to school this week.  I'm breaking the stereotype of Sam as the good kid.  Ok, I'm still the good kid, it's just that I have some cool hair now. 
 
 And here I am working on my project - hammering.  I'm pretty good at it!  No fingers were harmed in the making of my picture frame! 
 
Sam out - have a great week!

No comments: