Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring Break Fun

Now that's how you spend a Spring Break. We decided to have a stay-cation for our spring break this year. Daddy's spring break was last week and ours was this week - so mommy took the week off and we played and played and played.

We started with a day at This Is The Place Heritage Park. It is baby animal season. Not everything was up and running (like it is farther in to the warm weather season) and that was a little disappointing, but we still had a lot of fun. Of course, we rode the "train" around the park at least a few times.
And then there were the pony rides.And the petting corral. There were a few new babies - goats and lambs to pet.
And these super cute little pot bellied pigs. This one was a thirsty little guy.
Here's Sam lecturing this baby goat. He/She kept trying to get out of the gates and then it would cry and cry for its mommy. Sam was watching it telling it to stay inside with its mom. It worked (at least while we were inside).
And this goat kept trying to eat my hat.
Oh - so cute and cuddly.
And then we happened upon feeding time for the baby lambs. They were hungry little guys and gals.
There were also baby rabbits and chicks and ducks to hold.
After another train ride (or two) around the park, we did some pioneer chores - - laundry.
And plowing - this was surprisingly difficult!
The next day was a whopper of a great day. We started with a Trax (commuter light rail) ride from our house clear up to the University of Utah. Then we hopped on a bus (University shuttle bus) which took us right to the front door of the new Utah Museum of Natural History. We spent the day there wandering, learning, and exploring. It was fabulous!
It a museum all about things from/in Utah, from Utah dinosaurs to other animals, peoples, and lands.
And the glass floors were super cool! A little scary at first, but ultimately really cool!
We got to dig for dinosaur bones.
And see Utah dinosaurs.
Here we are with a wall full of different Ceratop skulls - most of them are above us.
We put together a puzzle of a dinosaur skull - I was ultra-determined to do this!
Here we are exploring some Native American ruins.
And we put together the parts of a cell.
Here we are up on the observatory deck - look at that view. Beautiful!
We deserve a rest after a very full day. We re-traced our route back home . . . . another bus and another train. Nothing could be better!
We made some time the next day for playing at a local park that we hardly ever get to go to. Good times!
Nothing better than a good slide!
From there, we spent a day at home playing (so mommy could get some work done), and then we went to a bouncy place the last day (no camera, mom forgot). It was a great week! We only kind of missed our teachers and friends at school. We're back at it next week - how quickly time flies!

Sam Alert: Hey everyone - Sam here. Let's see - how do I sum up this week. Super fun . . . . and my new most common phrase - "I'm OK". Let's see, I recently fell into an old brittle plastic bucket which shattered and cut up my face and arms - nothing serious, but some good blood was spilled. Then I was wrestling with Mason and ran lip first in to his wooden bed - cut lip which is now big and fat. And at the park this week, I fell off one of the landings right on to my head - no injuries, "I'm OK". That's me - - - out there, doing it, no fear!!!

Enjoy a few cute pictures of me from this week. First up - me at the old school house at the Pioneer park. See my name up in the top left corner of the chalk board - the teacher was so proud!
And here I am playing in our sandbox - note the great hat. I'm finally big enough to not tip over as I try to work our digger. It really was a fun week. I missed my teachers though - I'm excited to get back to school this week. Have a great week everybody!

No comments: