Sunday, April 01, 2012

Fun, Fun, Fun in the St. George Sun!
Sorry for the 2 week break in our blog - we were busy having some fun. Mom had to go to St. George for some meetings so we all took a few days off from school and work and made a trip of it. We started it off with a visit to the Dinosaur Discovery Center where they have all kinds of dinosaur and fossil prints. It was fun, but not super interactive - there wasn't much we could touch or feel.
There were all kinds of fun things to look at and a few things we could get up close to.We're definitely not as big as a dinosaur.Of course, we had a swimming pool at our hotel - - - and we made some good use of it. We swam every single day. And we're getting pretty brave - I spent a lot of my time under water.And Sam could hang on to his noodle and kick all the way to the deep end by himself. Here he is flying through the air with dad.We also took a big liking to palm trees - those are some really cool trees! Here's one that is Sam's size.And two for me.We spent a whole afternoon at a local fun/play place. We went mini golfing. And we drove the kid cars.And we did the bumper boats - let's just leave our comments about the bumper boats to say that mom and Sam got pretty darn wet!We played in the arcade and in the bouncy place.We were pooped out - a good time for all!Then we got to spend a whole day up in Zion National Park. Our big event for the day was a 3.0 mile hike (no carrying allowed or requested) up to Emerald Pools. It was a great hike with some beautiful weather.Check out these holes in the rocks that I climbed in to.Here we are with dad at the lower pools.A short stop at the middle pools - on our way up.And a family picture (and some lunch) at the upper pools. We stopped for fun pictures on the way back down.And we found this cool cave - we decided to be bears.We saw beautiful scenery.And we drove through a 1.1 mile long tunnel right through the mountains. When you come out on the other side, the rocks and mountains look totally different - it is so weird! More scenery.On our last day, before we headed home - we went back to a fun park that we found (Slick Rock Park) and got some energy out on their climbing walls.It was a great trip! We needed the get-away!

Sam Alert: Hey everyone - oh how I love the sun. I keep telling dad and mom that I want to live in St. George, but they're not listening. Enjoy a few cute pics of me from the trip.

First - I hiked the full 3 miles all by myself. My legs may be little, but they are strong!And you know that one of my favorite monkeys is Curious George. I like to pretend I'm a monkey sometimes, just like him. Well I can scurry right up these climbing rocks just like a monkey. Have a great week!

No comments: