Sunday, February 26, 2012

Science . . . and Singing . . . and Sleeping


We're just finishing up a relatively quiet week. Sam is recovering from a really bad chest and sinus cold. He had a fever off and on for a whole week, but it looks like it's finally done and he is on the road to being healthy again. The good news is that his little airway may actually have grown enough to be done with full blown croup now. We took the doctor up on his offer for a little kicker of medicine just to be sure, but so far, no full middle-of-the-night-croup action for him and the parents. Yay for Sam!

In other non-germy news, this was my Science Fair week at school. In Kindergarten, we get to do a class science project and present it together as a group. Next year, we're on our own and I'm already looking forward to it. My class chose to do an experience about growing crystals. Our hypothesis was that the color of the crystal would change the rate of growth and that the average growth would be 6 days. We were wrong on all points.


But it sure was fun doing the experiments and the presentation! I chose green as my crystal color. Here I am with our science board. I do love science!

We had a quiet weekend to let Sam rest up to be ready for school again this week. We did have some good, quality singing time with mom at the piano.

And we snuck in a great movie with dad. Sam Alert: Howdy everyone. This is how I spent my week - resting, coughing, sneezing, sleeping, and watching movies. I did get to go to mom's office with her for a few hours one day, but other than that, I was pretty much down and out. I'm looking forward to a much better week this week - hope you are all doing well too!

No comments: