Sunday, September 11, 2011

More Sports and a Special Day


Maybe it's that we're just trying to be outside and soak up as much sun and fun as possible before the cold weather comes . . . . or maybe it's just that we like sports, but this was another week with lots of fun sports for us. Soccer started this week for both Sam and me - unfortunately our first game got cancelled because the uniforms didn't make it in.


Besides soccer, we have been taking some family bike rides. Now that Sam can peddle all by himself it's fun for everyone! Of course, Sam and I have grown so much that it's time for new bikes because we've both outgrown our current bikes. Maybe next year . . .


On Friday after school, dad and mom decided that we needed a fun activity since we had had such a great week. I got a 100% on my math test and - - - for the third week in a row I got a 100% on my spelling test. Mom and dad say I'm "a chip off the old blocks" - whatever that means. Sam is loving school too and is learning lots. So for our fun activity we went bowling and then out for ice cream.Sam used the ramp (like usual) but I decided to do it all on my own for the first time. Come on ball - hit those pins!


Here are the final scores - not too shabby for bowling almost all on my own. Sam and I still enjoy playing games - here we are playing yet another round of Loopin' Louie. (We love this game!)


And for an extra special treat, Sam got to spend an afternoon with dad and I got to spend an afternoon with mom. Guess what mom and I did?


Yep - we went to see Mary Poppins (the Broadway show) at a local theater. It was amazing! My favorite part was when Bert climbs the walls and dances on the ceiling - literally! Watching Mary Poppins fly through the sky was really cool too! Plus the music was fun. We've been prepping to see this show for a few weeks - listening to all the music and hearing about the story. It was really great! I can't wait to see another show!While mom and I were seeing Mary Poppins, dad and Sam went mini golfing. They had loads of fun too! Then they got more ice cream afterwards.


What should we caption this picture? How about the obvious - "Where's the ball?"
Look at that ball/club control!
We both hate the last hole - why does every mini golf course's 18th hole eat our balls? It really makes us grumpy! A great afternoon was had by us all.
Sam Alert: Hey everybody - Only one picture this week - and this picture shows the "TRUE SAM". This is me - - - I am a funny little guy who loves to be silly and goof around. It's a good thing that I'm so lovable too! Have a great week everyone.

No comments: