Sunday, July 31, 2011

Quickies



We started out our week with a state holiday . . . Pioneer Day. That called for an evening of fireworks at the house - which promptly turned in to a quick run out between the raindrops to light sparklers. Then we had a quick visit from Grandpa and Grandma G. They stopped in for a few nights on their way north for a reunion. We tried to hitch a ride with them, but dad and mom said they would miss us too much. We had a quick visit to the Dinosaur museum. No matter how many times we visit the museum, we always find something new to learn about. We love the two super giant dinos - they really are huge. This is just an ankle bone and a foot.And, of course, our regular picture with a baby triceratops.
We did manage to spend more than a few quick seconds playing in the sandbox and yard this week. Mom and dad found this cool excavator as an addition to our sandbox toys.
It has become a new and quick favorite!Ahhh . . . still nothing like a good water fight. Why does daddy always seem to win?And we had a quick trip up to the cabin on Saturday night for a cousin's party for daddy and Uncle Noley. Sam and I took off for a quick hike.
A cow moose and her twin babies came by for a quick visit - about 10 yards away from us. They didn't care a bit that we sat and watched them. They just needed a drink of water, a little yummy grass to chew on, and a few licks on the salt and mineral licks. A quick, but good week!



Sam Alert: Hey everybody - Sam here. As always, enjoy a few quick pics of me from this week.






#1 - Hanging out with Aunt Cathie up at the cabin. #2 - enjoying myself with a yummy ice cream sandwich. My eyes actually glazed over just a little as I licked myself in to ice cream oblivion. (Biting ice cream gives me a serious ice cream headache - I choose to lick, even the chocolate cookie sandwich parts.)


#3 - who says that squirt guns are only for water fights? I put mine to work watering plants. Gotta have the big gun for our giant sunflowers.And #4 - me modeling the t shirt that mom made for me. Sambo . . . that's me!

1 comment:

Kat said...

So cute! I just thought I would write a "quick" note to say hi and I hope your summer is a blast! But it looks like you are all enjoying everything. :)