Sunday, August 07, 2011

Biking, Hiking, and Visitors


We did a little bike riding this week - Sam's legs are finally long enough for him to be able to pedal on his own. Boy - is he excited! He's a bike riding fool! He's a speedy guy too!


Here I am riding my bike - safety first! I'm about ready for a bigger bike. Mom says I grow about 2 inches every day.

We had an excellent weekend get-away. Daddy had some meetings up at Snowbird - a local ski resort. We {LOVE} being up there in the summer. It's just a few minutes up a local canyon and it's like we're completely away from everything. We did a little playing and hiking. Here we are at their super great playground.
We did a fun new thing over at the Snowbird Center this year - panning for gold. Ok not really gold - but real gemstones. It was soooooo much fun!

In fact, it was so much fun that we did it both days that we were there.


We took the tram up to the summit and hiked around for a few minutes. It was the last tram of the day so we didn't have much time.And it was a lovely 66 degrees up at the summit at 8:00 pm - it was probably in the high 80's in the valley at that same time. Beautiful! Here's a picture of all of us at the top.Grandpa and Grandma G. came back through on their way back home and are spending a few days with us. Grandma sure knows how to get Sam to eat.

And Grandpa is an excellent reader.And here we are with them tonight - on their last night with us.



Oh - one other cool thing . . . . daddy found a hummingbird nest in one of our trees and we've been carefully watching it for the last few weeks. You can see the eggs the day they were laid. Then the top right picture is the two babies on the day that they hatched. The bottom right picture is today - 17 days later. They'll be flying away soon - - - be safe cute little birdies!Sam Alert - Hey everybody! Sam here - I thought I'd share a few cute pictures of me from our time up at Snowbird this weekend. First up - me and mom riding the tram up to the summit.
Here I am riding the tram back down - - I'm the King of the World!
Here I am eating a granola bar, hanging out, waiting for daddy.Here I am keeping myself cool with a personal fan that daddy "won" on the plaza. Of course I'm already "COOL", but this keeps me from being too warm.And finally - this is me . . . after we got home from Snowbird. I couldn't even make it to my bed. And no, I'm not a thumb sucker. It just looks that way in this picture. Sam out - have a great week.

No comments: