Sunday, February 13, 2011

School, Celebrating, and Fun
Well a really big thing happened to me this week. It was my first week of school! I was so excited and I love it! It turns out that I'm pretty smart too. I get to bring my own lunch and do homework and everything.
To celebrate my first day of school, we went bowling that night. We take bowling pretty seriously!

Here's Sam - they don't have bowling shoes small enough for him. But he does amazingly well without them!

Ta Da - - - the final scores. I won this time. Sam just barely lost to daddy. By way of other celebrations - a big holiday is coming up tomorrow and in preparation for it, Uncle Carl and Aunt Fran sent us a present. We got a mountain goat and big horn sheep along with a book about them. Thanks! We love it!Then, after two whole days of school . . . guess who got sick? Me! I was so bummed that I had to stay home for a day, but mommy said - better safe than sorry. I had a little 24 hour stomach bug. All better now.Here's Sam being a bug hunter. And here we both are with some fun crafts we did this weekend - Hearts and sock puppets.Sam Alert: Howdy y'all. A quick update on my sleep test from last week. The doctor called and it turns out that I have central sleep apnea. The respiratory center in my brain hasn't matured yet and it doesn't communicate well with my lungs while I sleep. So I get to have some oxygen at night and some iron supplements for my restless legs. I'll probably have an MRI too in a few weeks just to check out the old brain. Pretty wild stuff huh! This may explain why I'm such a small guy. Good sleep and big muscles . . . here I come!

Here's a picture of me on my first day going to the baby sitter's all by myself. I was a little nervous for about the first minute, but all my friends are still there, even if my big brother isn't. And here I am out in the snow. Spring is just around the corner but we still have a few more snow storms to look forward to. And one last picture from the week of me helping to shovel the snow - good thing daddy came through with the snow blower before I got there. That makes shoveling super easy!

No comments: