Our Big Day Out
Plus Digging for Some Fossils
Since Monday was a holiday, we decided to take off and do something fun that we had never done before. So we hopped a train in to downtown and spent the day at the Clark Planetarium. As our faithful readers know, we LOVE a good train ride, be it historic railroad or light rail.
Ah . . . watching the world go by.
One of the first things we saw at the planetarium was the giant marble maze. We could have spent all day just watching the marbles.
There was plenty to see and do - here we are with a model of the earth.
And here we are walking on Mars. (Are you loving these poses?)
A quick hop over some planets and we're walking on the moon.
We watched a movie about a cardboard rocketship and learned all about the 4 rocky midgets and 4 gas giants (planets).
On our walk over to have lunch, a big firetruck pulled up right in front of us. The firemen and women got out and talked to us and gave us quite the royal treatment. We got to hop up inside the truck and visit with some of the firemen.
I've officially decided that I want to be both a fireman and an artist when I grow up.
This was definitely a highlight of our day!
Here we are playing with playdough one afternoon - getting our fingers and hands strong for writing and using scissors.
Then we went digging for fossils last night. Daddy found these great fossil bricks at the dinosaur museum last week and we got to dig right in to them.
Each brick had 5 fossils inside and we had to carefully discover them and dig them out.
Here's Sam working on his.
And here we are, all cleaned up, with our fossils. We each found a shark's tooth, clams, ammonites, and other cool fossils.
Sam Alert: Hey everyone - Sam here. Enjoy a couple of cute pics of me from the week. First up - me and my laptop. Everyone knows that I love me a computer - I always have, even when I was a baby. This is mine from Christmas (thanks Uncle Carl and Aunt Fran!). I love to play with it.
And here I am with my fossils. Have a great week everybody!
1 comment:
Those pictures are awesome! I know how much you guys LOVE yourself a train ride. :) I can't believe how lucky you were to meet the firemen. So much fun! I love those fossil bricks. We might have to copy that idea. That is awesome. :)
Post a Comment