Monday, September 06, 2010

The Lazy Days of Summer

Technically there are still another 2 1/2 weeks of summer . . . according to the calendar. And despite the fact we just had a nice relaxing Labor Day weekend and despite the fact that fall is definitely in the air here in our part of the country . . . we plan to enjoy every minute of this summer.

We spent the weekend up at "our" cabin. We've both been begging to go for a few weeks now. We had beautiful weather and good food and a nice, relaxing time. We found these cool toad stools out by the front driveway. Ahh - fungus!

I did say relaxing . . . didn't I?Our first job was to fill up the moose trough.
Of course we wouldn't be boys if we didn't play in the moose trough as soon as we finished filling it up!

Here's Sam and dad - just hanging out - - - truly a relaxing weekend!

We gave our marshmallow shooters a work out. Dad and Uncle Noley took out a couple of hornet's nests with marshmallows.

And we got to do a really fun craft project - Sam and I each painted a birdhouse. Uncle Noley and Aunt Christy now get to hang these lovely works of art on the deck. Maybe some birds will call them home next spring.

We woke up on Sunday morning to watch Fluffy and Sweetie the moose(s). It's a good thing we filled up the water trough - they were thirsty. Sweetie had hurt one of her legs so we're hoping that she heals up before winter gets here. The moose hung around for quite awhile. In fact as they moved a little bit away we went out on the deck and watched them from there. Can you see Fluffy in the trees?We had dish-washing duty. Everybody helps!And, of course, since water is involved in washing dishes, we didn't come away clean and dry ourselves.
Uncle Noley was working on a project - repainting the picnic table on the deck. Sam and I got to put our hand and feet prints on the benches.
Here's my bench all done.
And here's Sam finishing up his bench.
Dad and the boys went on a hike - Copper was in "bush whacking" heaven!
And there was the traditional pancake throwing contest. Watch for the flying pancakes in the picture.It was a great weekend! We were so "relaxed" that Sam and I fell asleep in the truck before we even reached the highway.
Speaking of falling asleep - daddy helped me find a fun Dinosaur Train website on the computer today and I fell asleep playing on it. Maybe that's the definition of relaxed! Sam Alert: Hey everyone. Despite the colds that we all have, it was a great weekend. Here are some cute pictures of me from the week. Enjoy!

Painting away - - I love to mix colors and make a whole new color to cover my projects. I call the color "mud". Enjoy more summery days -- Sam out!

1 comment:

Summer Days said...

I love that they are wearing the aprons I got them. I will have to try and find some more