Sunday, September 19, 2010

Lovin' Every Minute of It!

We are NOT going to let summer go without a fight! We were looking at pictures of our fun summer the other day and we really have had a lot of fun times. It just has gone by so fast that it doesn't seem like we had very much time. So while the weather is still good, we're playing as much as possible.

Daddy has started a night class again this year so mommy and the boys have decided to find fun things to do on those nights. This last week we headed down to Thanksgiving Point to the Farm Country and enjoyed some animals.T Point does fun kid's activities on some nights and this week was all about Bees. We got to "make and take" a cool bee.Of course we went on a pony ride but we also did something this time that we've never done before - the wagon ride. It was really fun!And of course one of our most favorite things is feeding the goats - there's always the bossy, pushy ones, but the little ones are so cute. Mommy was out of town for a few days this week - while the cat's away, the mice will play. How did Sam end up on top?Bug watching is always cool - a katydid. How did this get in the house for us to see up close and personal? Daddy!Soccer is going well - I'm having so much fun! We have a great team and a really great coach.
I love getting in to the middle of it all. Go red!

And yes, even though we don't keep score, I scored some goals this week (5 to be exact - not that any one is counting!)

Sam finds a way to keep himself occupied during the games. Here he is playing soccer with Grandma L.

I had a good cheering section this week - Grandpa and Grandma L. came to watch the game.

Then after the game, we headed up to the cabin for the rest of the weekend. Uncle Noley and Aunt Christy were busy this weekend and we sure missed them. Sam was incredibly excited to be headed to the cabin. Here he is enjoying the drive up.

Once we got there, Sam and I set up our "Rock Store". We collect rocks from around the cabin and "sell" them to our favorite customers. Sometimes they use pretend money and sometimes, for a really great rock, we get a penny or two.

The fall colors were absolutely beautiful. We couldn't resist taking some pictures - enjoy! Here's me and Sam.

And mommy, Sam, me, and Copper.

We got a couple of hikes in on Saturday afternoon. Talk about excellent scenery.

We even went for a hike just before dark and saw a doe. An owl flew literally right over our heads. And we found more colorful trees. Here's daddy and the boys.

We sat on the deck and watched the stars. We learned all about satellites and shooting stars - cool!

After a great breakfast and some good play time today, we cleaned up and headed for home. Time to get ready for another week.

Sam Alert: Howdy everyone. Who knew that playing the piano could result in bodily injury? I was trying to climb up on the piano bench the other afternoon and slipped. I bit right through my lip - oww! The good news is that I'm young and healthy (mostly) and so I heal up pretty darn fast.Here I am hanging out at Mason's soccer game. I bring my chair, my ball, my water bottle, and my snacks. I'm good to go!
And finally, just another cute picture of me from the week. I have a million of these! Sam out!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Ok, you guys have taken some AWESOME pictures on the fall leaves. So pretty! And Sam, I am so sorry about the lip accident. It looks like it hurt really bad, but that you were totally brave. Way to go on the soccer too Mason!