Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hiccups and Soccer

An odd combination . . . but both things were part of our week. Reading time is a favorite time at our house. One of our current favorite books is "Clifford's Hiccups". In this story Clifford the big red dog gets the hiccups and every time he hiccups, everything around him flies through the air. Every time daddy reads this book to us, we fly through the air with every hiccup.

We L O V E it!

This week was the start of my (Mason's) first soccer season. I signed up for a local league a few weeks ago and I've been waiting and waiting. Finally my first practice was this week and then the first game was Saturday. It was SO much fun! I did my very best and had a great time. Here I am waiting for warm-up time right before the big game.

My team is the "Dino Squad" and we played the Tigers. Here I am practicing some skills before the last of our team got there.

And then the whistle blew. Mommy's favorite part of the game was each time after the play stopped (for whatever reason) when our coach asked us which goal was ours and we all pointed to our goal. After a pep talk from dad, I decided I wasn't afraid to get right in there and fight for "my" ball. My team didn't score much during the first half but we sure got it together for the second half. I had two assists . . . .. . . . and I scored my first goal. The parents were too excited to remember to take an actual picture of my goal - but they did snap this picture right after as I was clearing my ball from the goal.

And here's me and my fellow Dino Squad members doing a team cheer after the game. No official score is kept at our level but we did really well! And we had lots of fun!Sam Alert: Howdy everyone - I so want to be older so that I can play soccer too. It's hard to be the youngest! But I have my own little soccer ball that I take to practices and games to play with on the sidelines. Maybe next year! For now I'll help dad mow the lawn and eat my veggies so I can be ready.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Way to go Mason on the soccer! That is fantastic! I bet Sam will get to play soccer soon enough. You guys have a lot of fun! The moose look like they are a ton of fun to watch. :)

Heather said...

Yay Mason! Soccer is so much fun! And Sam, eat really, really well, so you can be big and strong to play soccer when you're old enough!