Sam's Very Long Day!
Sam here again - What a day!
I had to have surgery today. (It was an event that had been planned for a long time come to find out.) Talk about no fun at all. Who's idea was this? I'm just a little guy - this type of thing should be banned! 

I had the very same surgeon that Mason used a few years back but a different procedure. Mason says he barely remembers his surgery so I shouldn't have a problem forgetting this, and his scar is barely noticeable now so I have high hopes. Time heals all . . . . or something like that! Dad and Mom say it's a good thing we took care of this now while I'm still just a little guy. I'll believe that after a month or two goes by and my memory of today fades a little!

Thanks to the good doctors and nurses at Primary Children's Medical Center for taking care of me! I came through everything very well and was starving after I woke up. I even managed to keep everything on my stomach - which Mason can't say after his surgery.
I'm back in fine form this evening - my sense of humor in tact and all. I do have a little pain and have some crazy drugs for all of that. This stent has to stay in for a whole week and then it can come out and I know I'll feel even better then!

Mason Alert: Hi everyone - I've been taking good care of Sam today, or more accurately - I've been steering clear of crawling all over him and pushing him most of the afternoon. I do give him kisses though and tell him to feel better. We've had a good week even with Sam's day at the hospital today.
This is a picture of me and Sam playing in the sandbox earlier this week. I call this picture - "Too Much Fun!" Enjoy!

1 comment:
Sorry to hear that you had to have surgery Sam. I hope you heal quickly and get to start having tons of fun again. It's good to hear that you are such a good little trooper. We love the nice doctors and nurses at Primary's too. They are amazing!
Post a Comment