Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Memorial Weekend, Part 2

On Memorial Day (Monday) morning, daddy saw a report on TV that it was baby animal day at This Is The Place Heritage Village - and we decided to go. It turned out to be amazing! And it wasn't just because of the baby animals. They really have done a nice job with the village - there was so much to do, we ended up spending most of the day there and didn't even get to see all of it.
Here is the required picture of Samuel and me at the monument at the entrance to the village.
There were definately baby animals to see and touch. This is a baby bunny rabbit.Baby goats . . . .And our favorite - the baby lambs . . . .And of course they had ponies that we got to ride on. Here is Sam on his pony (Honey). She didn't want to follow the rules!And here I am on my pony.Then we wandered around the village. The buildings were really cool and they had lots of craft things for us kids to do at some of the stops. I got to make my own marbles.And I got to stamp my own leather piece.And I made my own wooden snake - ok I colored my own wooden snake - but it was cool!We got to go on some train rides - big trains . . . and little trains, like this one.They just opened the Native American area - it was really neat - - teepees, hogans, and an arrowhead necklace for me.All in all, it was a really fun day. Some lunch and some ice cream and a beautiful day . . . .
We highly recommend this place - it was a great day!

No comments: