Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Memorial Weekend!

What a great weekend we have had so far! Saturday was a very long but very fun day. I got to do something I have been wanting to do for a very long time - I met Thomas the tank engine. He came to the Heber Valley Railroad to meet the kids and give train rides.

Our day started early with a doorbell ring. When we opened the door there was a package with a note on it for me - - it was from Sir Topham Hatt (the superintendent of the Sodor Railroad, where Thomas lives). He sent me some supplies for the day - a new train whistle and a Thomas hat. I was very excited!Then we headed out for Heber and met Thomas and hoped on board the train. Sam loves trains too!I think even more than loving trains, Sam loves the wind in his hair and just being out and about!I was very serious about this train ride but I had a GREAT time! We got to meet the conductor - he was very nice. He gave Sam and I official certificates from Thomas and Sir Topham Hatt. There was a whole Thomas themed carnival at the train depot. I got a tattoo (temporary), and blew bubbles, and played with some trains. They even had a petting zoo and storytellers and live music. It was a really fun day!After our day with Thomas we met Grandpa and Grandma L. at the turnoff and headed up to a cemetary to take some flowers to daddy's relatives. Apparently it is always cold and windy there but I warmed up after running around and around the cemetary!

They didn't put their port-a-potty out this year - everyone close your eyes! This tree is too tiny - - even for me!
From there we headed back down the canyon and stopped at Great Grandpa G's grave. We were pooped when we finally made it home - it was a long day in the car, but it sure was fun!
Sam Alert: Hi everyone - - I'm doing much, much better now. Food is finally starting to taste good again (kind of) and I'm back to my usual crazy self. I heard mommy and daddy wispering that they think I have a silly glint in my eyes - that they think they might be in for it with me around. Little do they know what I have in store for them down the road! I'm not as sweet and innocent as I appear - give me a year or so to get up to speed and they're in trouble!

2 comments:

Kat said...

How fun! Thomas the Train sounds like an awesome day. That is so cool that the conductor brought you supplies so you were ready for the day. I love riding trains too. We are going to have to try the train this summer. :) I'm glad to hear that Sam is feeling much better. I can see the glint in his eye just by looking at the pictures. LOL :)

Finding Joy in the Moments said...

Thomas and friens are still in heber? We went a few years ago with stratton what a fun day you had. The boys look like they are at home among the train ride. Speaking of trains I was watching the video of you and Byron with us on the Heber train many many years ago. How interesting that the train brings all of us joy even our children. What comes around goes around I guess.

Cute entry !