Sunday, February 21, 2016

Valentine's Day & Science Fairs

We're in the Dog Days of Winter it seems!  We're getting tiny hints of spring but still mostly cold and windy.  That kind of weather doesn't make for lots of fun times.

We do try to have fun whenever and where ever we can though.  We love to celebrate Chinese New Year.  This year our celebration consisted of a yummy Asian dinner at one of our favorite sushi places.
Sam loves to pile on the wasabi and pickled ginger.

I love my bento box - full of yumminess like sushi, teriyaki beef, dumplings, and a salad.

We have had fun playing on our tablets - tablet time has to be earned though, so there's been piano practicing, homework, and chores to do.

We had a great Valentine's day.  We had school parties and then we went to a wedding reception for a great friend of ours.  We ate, we visited with friends, and we danced.  Then we were tired!

Our school Science Fairs were held this week at school.  Sam's was first.  He was part of a group project on Visual versus Auditory Memory.  Enjoy a short video of his group's presentation.

Sam also got to answer a question from the crowd about what he liked best about the experiment.

 Here is Sam with his group's display board.

He did the results section all on his own. 

And here he is with Mr. Avila - his long-term substitute teacher helping out while his regular teacher is out with her new baby.

Then came my science fair.  I choose to do a project about the melting rate of ice cream.  It was tasty, fun, and a good project that I am proud of.

We have a real fair where friends and family come in and talk to everyone about their projects.  My friend Ben's dad asked me lots of questions and I could answer them all.

 Sam Alert:  Hey everyone - Sam here.  I loved Valentine's Day.  In fact, I pretty much love all holidays.  I chose to make a Hot Air Balloon Valentine's box to take to school this year.  It was cool!

I got to have a couple of dates with mom and dad this week.  Mason was sick one night and decided to stay home while the three of us went out for soup and ice cream.  The next night Mason was at a play date so the three of us went out for dinner.  It's kind of fun having the parents all to myself - talk about attention!

Ok, Sam out.  Have a great week!

No comments: