Saturday, January 23, 2016

Robotics and Winter

It's been a busy couple of weeks but we've been having tons of fun.
First up - Robotics.  I've been on a robotics team at school this year and we have been working hard all year long to get ready for our competition - it was last weekend.  
There were lots of different parts to the competition - technology projects, skits, core values, and, of course, the robots.  
This is me and my partner, Paige, getting our robot going on his challenge.  

My team came in 5th on the robot challenges overall.  Not bad for my first year!

Here is my team - the Lego Masterminds.  
I made a whole bunch of new friends this year and really loved doing it!

Of course, boys will be boys - during our down time at the competition there was a lot of video game playing going on.

Here we are getting ready for the awards ceremony.  
It was a great year - lots of work and lots of fun!

We finally got to take advantage of some snow and spend some quality play time outside.  I got a "snow scooter" for Christmas and it has been really fun to ride it.  

Sam loves to make snow angels.  And he's very good at them too.

I even got going down our little hill made from all our snow shoveling.

Sam enjoyed riding the scooter too.  Mom promised some big hills after the next big snow - we won't forget that promise!

One more snow picture.  Can you tell that it was raining on us while we were out playing?  We came in  soaking wet!

Sam Alert:  Hey everyone - I had so much fun watching Mason's robotics team compete.  I'm set on being on the team as soon as I'm old enough.  Here I am hanging with dad as we watch the competitions.  No, my arm isn't broken.  Mom had a minor shoulder problem and I'm taking care of the sling for her.

We had sooooo much fun playing out in the snow.  We've had a good winter so far with enough snow to play in but not too much for getting around and shoveling.  

Sam out - have a great week!

No comments: