Sunday, September 21, 2014

Gone Fishing

Another great week in the books.  There was plenty to do and we squeezed it all in somehow!

First us this week - a little yard work with dad.  We never get too old for this.

Lots of homework - somehow my homework as increased exponentially this year.  I'm having to work really hard to keep up.  But I'm doing well!

And then there was lots and lots of soccer this weekend.  Sam's game was first.  He's playing so well this season.

He's not afraid to get in there and get after the ball.


He's running lots and playing hard.

Here he is right in the middle of a corner kick.

And then there was my game.  I've been playing a lot of offense, which isn't my most favorite.  But I'm really stepping it up and getting in there.

I'm learning to play lots of position this year too, which is good.

And I'm enjoying playing this year, so that's good too.

All in all, it's been a good season - so far.

Mom took us to the Food Truck Underground this weekend.  We've been wanting to eat at the Matterhorn French Toast truck.  And boy - it was so worth it!  Mmmm, mmmm, good!

Finally - we've been working on our Halloween costumes.  Yes, we plan way ahead!  Just a little sneak peek of our costumes for this year.  We're not giving anything away - you'll have to wait until the end of October to see the full pictures.  This is Sam's costume.

And this is my costume.  See if you can make some good guesses.

Sam Alert:  Hey everyone - Sam here.  We took Mason's cub scout den fishing on Tuesday night.  We didn't realize that there were some big fish in the "new" lake close to our house.  We had so much fun that night that dad took us back fishing two more nights this week. 

I caught three of the biggest catfish around.  They put up a great fight!
We practice catch and release, so no fried catfish for us.  Mason caught some bass and some little blue gills.

Here I am reeling one of them in.  

And here I am helping around the house.  There's always so much to do.  

And I don't mind doing chores, so if you ever need my help, just let me know!
Sam out - have a great week.

No comments: