Speech Festival at our school comes around once a year and we have been practicing long and hard for this year's festival. Our hard work paid off because both Sam and I qualified for our grade-level school-wide competitions this week.
Here I am waiting for my turn. The 1st graders had just finished up and received their awards. Surprisingly enough I wasn't very nervous.
Ignore the fuzzy, blurry video. Something is wrong with mom's camera. Turn up the volume and you can hear me recite "The Daring One" by Edwin Markham. It's one of my favorites.
I didn't place in the top three this year, but I was very proud of myself. I did my best and there wasn't anything I would have changed.
And Sam's competition was the next day. Here he is waiting for his turn.
Again - ignore the blurry video. He chose "Sick" by Shel Silverstein. It was perfect for him!
Kindergartner awards will be given out at the Merit assembly right before school is out in the spring. So we don't know how he placed for a few more months. He also was very proud of his speech - he did his best and enjoyed the process.
We each got to select a special treat for doing so well. I chose ice cream.
Sam chose doughnuts but we didn't take any pictures of those.
In other events from the week - there was a lot of reading happening.
Reading is one of my most favorite things to do!
We had a special breakfast on St. Patrick's morning - Green Eggs and yogurt in a green container!
Sam Alert: Hey everyone - Sam here. We had a beautiful warm day today. We got to spend a little time outside again enjoying the sun. Mason did some bug hunting.
And I played basketball. Here I am shooting from "my sweet spot". I am getting pretty darn good.
Sam out! Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment