Sunday, December 01, 2013

Giving Thanks

We have lots of things to be thankful for this year - our family, friends, house, school, pets, and so much more!  We had a great week which included our feast at school on Wednesday that dad and mom got to come to.  Then we had Uncle Noley, Aunt Christy, and Grandpa and Grandma L. over for Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday. 
 
We started with a little football in the yard.  We're learning about running patterns and trying to remember to catch the ball in the middle of all the running of patterns. 
 
 Grandpa even threw some balls for us.  Here's Sam catching one.
 
 And here I am catching one. 
 
We had lots of yummy food.  I especially loved the stuffing this year.  Sam particularly loves the sweet potatoes.  Mmmm, mmmm, good!
 
Here's Sam asking for another yummy roll.
 
I loved having everyone over and having our tasty food.  Thanksgiving food is all about traditions and Sam and I have already started deciding which foods will become our favorite traditions.
 
We did some game playing while we were letting our feast digest.  Here's Sam playing some chess with Uncle Noley.  
 
And here is a Thanksgiving evening family picture.  
 
We enjoyed a nice, long weekend off.  We spent a lot of time playing and relaxing.  We also got our Christmas decorations up, including our house lights.  Here are Sam and I helping with the lights.
 
We also added a little culture in to our lives this weekend.  We saw Frozen at the movie theater and totally LOVED it!  We also went to the Utah Children's Theater and saw a play - Tinkerbell and the Pirates.  It was excellent!
 
Sam Alert:  Hey everyone - Sam here.  I am in chess club at school and I'm always trying to get someone to play against me so I can practice.  Dad and I finished this game in a stalemate. 
 
And here I am with my cool headband from school.  Hum - what is it?  Princess Leah?  Brown balloons?  Nope!

Turkey drumsticks!!!  Bet you didn't see that coming!
 
Ok - Sam out until next week.  Adios!

No comments: