We finally talked the parents in to taking us out to Family Night at the Dinosaur Museum this week so that we could stretch our legs and brains and get some energy out. The activity was Moody Mammoth and we did a scavenger hunt looking for the ice cubes the animals were using to stay cool.
Here we are tickling the tummy of this super giant dino. We love the huge skeletons they have there - can you believe how big they really are?
And here is our traditional picture with the baby Triceratops. We always take a picture with him every time we're at the museum.
And just for fun - here is the same picture in January 2011 - two years ago. We really are growing up fast!
Here we are with the Smilodon - one of our favorites.
And whenever dad is with us (and whenever we're brave enough) we take a picture up close and personal with the T Rexs.
Dad lifts us high in the air and we can look straight into their mouths. It is a little bit scary!
And while the T Rexs still make us nervous, the Megalodon doesn't scare us anymore. Ok - Sam walks up to it backward so he can't see it, but at least he'll come up and have his picture taken with it.
In other activities of the week - we made a stop at the library for more books one night after school. We're all stocked up for a few weeks.
And I've taken up a new hobby - Chess. Dad and I have been playing a lot this week. I know all the names of the pieces, how they move, and am doing really well. Dad has beaten me every game so far except one - that one resulted in a stalemate. Oh and mom beat me one game so far. But the good news is - I love chess. I'm not giving up - in fact, I'll play anyone who'll sit down with me long enough for a game.
Sam Alert: Howdy everyone - Sam here. Funny how both of this week's pictures from me involve sleeping. For a boy who claims he hates napping and doesn't need to sleep, apparently I do (from time to time).
This is me last Monday morning - I made it out of bed but had a really hard time getting myself up and moving. Mom's feet make an bumpy pillow for a little guy who doesn't want to get up.
And this is how dad found me sleeping one night. Fluffy the dog is my regular sleeping friend, but apparently I grabbed my stuffed snake in the middle of the night for extra company.
Sam out - have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment