There really isn't anything better than spending some quality time in the great outdoors! We are lucky enough to live in a place that has some of the best outdoor activities around - and we're also lucky enough to know a lot of people who like to enjoy the great outdoors with us!
Example #1 - the cabin. After our sleepover at Uncle Noley & Aunt Christy's we headed up to the cabin with them, dad and mom, and Grandpa and Grandma L. It was perfect - a great way to spend Labor Day.
The cabin is still under renovation, but we played around all the work stuff. We had our marshmallow shooters going full force.
We did some hiking - thanks Grandma!
And we played some football - it is fall after all, you know!
In between school days, we just played around the house. Check out my mountain of pillows/cushions.
And we rode our bikes and scooter.
Then on Saturday morning, soccer season got going. Sam elected to not play soccer this year. We have a feeling that he will be a great individual sport participant, but he's not into contact sports - at least not yet. My team is the Silver Dragons - and we are pretty darn good. We had our first practice and then a short game against another team. We did great!
It's easy to spot me in the crowds with my orange cast on. Hopefully this will be the only game I have to play with that cast on. I sure do love soccer - I'm excited for the rest of the season.
Then after soccer, we headed up to the mountains for a day out with some of our friends - Sherry and Wendi and her family. Sherry brought up her 4 wheelers for everyone to ride and Wendi cooked up the yummiest dutch oven dinner ever!
Here's me and dad on "Beep" the 4 wheeler.
And here's Sam and mom on "Scrambler". We had sooooo much fun. Sam was quoted as saying the following on our way home (right before he fell sound asleep) - "It's a shame that we don't have our own 4 wheelers!".
Here's me and dad going through a creek.
And mom and Sam - creeks are the funnest!
Here I am - man how I wish I was big enough to drive one of these by myself!
And another picture of dad and Sam riding through a creek. Dad was soaked by the time we were through.
Here we are with Sherry - eating smores. Umm Umm Good!
And here we are hiking with Wendi and Megan.
As you might expect, one of the most fascinating things we did was have a campfire. Megan was in charge of the fire - and she let us help put it out. Cool! Here we are pouring water on it - just like our friend Curious George!
Ah - now that was a great week!
Sam Alert: Hey everyone - hope your week was as great as ours! Enjoy two cute pics of me from the week.
First up - me and my snake. This is Foxy the Fox Snake. He's my pet and he loves me.
And here I am collecting some sticks at the cabin. I take this job very seriously! It was great practice for collecting sticks for the campfire yesterday. I gathered lots and lots and lots of sticks!
Have a fantastic week everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment