This is an old child development theory that we hold near and dear at our house! Play is an important part of our lives - and boy was it a good week for play.
Dad had to work late on Monday night we the rest of us saddled up and headed down to the Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point. It was a great night for visiting - dark clouds outside, not a lot of people there. We rode the horses . . .
And fed the goats.
We talked to the cows and Banjo, the donkey. And we did a fun leaf craft too.
On Tuesday, I got my cast off. The look on my face would lead you to believe it was incredibly painful - but really it was just the loud noise of the cast saw that was a little scary.
And here I am with my healed up arm. I have to wear a brace for a few more weeks - whenever I'm playing sports or at school. The doctor says it looks great!
We played with our cars, played in the sandbox, rode our bikes and scooters, and just tried to have a lot of fun time outside this week.
I had a great soccer game on Saturday. I scored a goal. It would have been two goals, but a kid on the other team decided to catch the ball with his hands as it was going in the goal. I was very happy with my goal - I have a pretty good team again this year.
And if you need further proof that it was a relaxing and fun week, here we are just kicking back, playing, and enjoying life.
Sam Alert: Howdy - It's official. I'm the funniest person in our house. Don't ask why - just take my word for it!
I give to you two pictures of me from this week - first up:
Me - just a cute Sambo.
And the second picture shows the BEST way to watch one of Mason's soccer games - with my Uncle Noley. Ah, who cares who wins or loses when you're looking at the game on the next field over while giving/getting a super great hug!
Sam out - until next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment