Sunday, August 12, 2012

The End Is Near . . .

The end of summer that is!  Our summer has gone by so quickly we can't even believe it.  Just a few more days and it's back to school.  Dad had to go back to work this week so things are already different.  We're missing summer already.

Daddy had Lasik on his eyes this week - we were good care-givers.  

We did some yard work.  There's a job that is never done.

We also got to do our "old favorite" science experiment - ICE TREASURES.  This is an oldie but a goodie!

And we got to spend some time with daddy's family at a wedding reception for our cousin.  Good eats and good company.


And in late breaking news - - - - I finally have bragging rights about an "injury-first" (Sam got bragging rights about having stitches first).  I am the first one to have a broken bone.  I fell down yesterday while I was running and skinned up my knee and arm but kept saying that my wrist hurt.  We waited to see if it would swell up or if I had any problems with it.  But other than just being bothersome and not getting any better, it wasn't really that awful.  We decided to go see the doctor and have some x-rays taken, just to know for sure.  And sure enough, I have a broken distal radius bone.  The fracture isn't through the growth plate and although it looks weird on the X-rays, I will probably be ok.  Here I am this afternoon in my splint - gotta wait to see the specialty doctor before I get a cast on.  What a way to start school - at least it's my left arm.  Now that's the way to end your summer!

Sam Alert:  Hey everybody - Sam here.  I would like to report that I am a great empathizer!  Every time Mason needed to put some ice on his arm, I was right there with him, putting ice somewhere on me.  

Only one picture of me from this week - here I am with my cousins Rian and Hayden.  We hardly ever get to see them and they're all grown up.  
Have a great week everyone - I'll take good care of my brother this week, as long as he doesn't try hitting me with his splint/cast!

No comments: