Sunday, May 08, 2011

More T Ball and Sam's Birthday



Howdy everyone. We're finishing up week #3 out of 4 for T ball. It really has been so much fun! Both Sam and I are hitting pitches now instead of hitting off the T. Here I am making a throw to first base.

And here's Sam hitting a pitch - you can even see the ball in the picture still.Sam turned 3 years old this week. Wow! That went by fast. He had a great birthday day - lots of people dropping by to visit and lots of phone calls wishing him happy birthday. Thanks to everyone! Here he is playing with his new golf clubs from Aunt Cindy & Uncle Sandy. Sam is a surprisingly good one-handed golfer.

Uncle Noley & Aunt Christy brought a fun new game. We tested it out right away - and every few hours since.Uncle Carl and Aunt Francine sent this great new Handy Manny construction set - it lets us crash things. How cool is that!Grandpa and Grandma L. gave him some new Dr. Seuss books. We love books!Here I am getting a good book read to me by Grandma L.The only thing Sam asked for this year was a Little Einstein's Rocket birthday cake. Mom cooked up some various shapes and daddy spent some time creating "Rocket". It is a perfect likeness. In fact Sam said that his favorite part of his birthday was the Rocket cake.Here he is getting ready to blow out his candles.
Here he is with some of the friends and family that dropped by. Uncle Randy and Aunt Ludaun brought over a book and some cupcakes (along with dinner for everyone to eat - - - thanks soooo much!)Cousins Josh and Tammy dropped over and brought Sam a new Thomas the Train toy - I'm "borrowing" this one the first chance I get.Mommy and daddy had some fun presents for Sam too. I gave him a new bowling set - he's loves to bowl.
Here 's Sam devouring his cake and cupcakes. That boy sure does have a sweet tooth!
And here he is after the cake disappeared in to his tummy. Gotta love that face.



We went with daddy to take flowers to Grandma June's grave today for Mother's day. It was a beautiful weekend - but the rains came back soon after we left the flowers. Oh spring!


Sam Alert: Another big thanks to everyone for such a great birthday. It was wonderful. I have a few pics to share this week - each showing a different side of Sam.


1. The patient Sam - waiting for my brother's T ball game to finish so that I can go play my game. I'm a great cheerleader! 2. The competitive Sam - here I am on second base cheering myself and my team on.3. The goofy Sam - This is me waiting to run to the next base. Nothing wrong with some dancing is there?



4. The soft side of Sam - arranging flowers for Grandma's June's. By the way, anyone notice my cute new walking shoe? I hurt my foot playing pirates yesterday - - the xrays show no broken bones, but I'm still not willing to put any weight on it. Gotta heal fast before my last T ball game this week! Think positive thoughts for me! Sam out.



P.S. - Mom wanted me to share a quick story about my birthday. We were driving to the babysitter's house on Friday morning and I announced that I wanted to drive the car. After all, I'm 3 years old now - I'm ready. I even promised mom that I would be careful. She spouted off a reply about some law that says you have to be 16 to drive a car, and that you have to have insurance, training, and a driver's license. Hooey!! I am definitely ready to drive the car now. Watch out other drivers - Sam is going to be on the road before you know it!

No comments: