Sunday, April 24, 2011

This Week Is Brought to you by the Letter "T"


This week was all about the letter "T".

It's a great letter!


First up - "T BALL". We've been waiting and practicing and our first week of T ball finally came. Sam is a Brave and I am a Yankee.

Here's Sam's first official hit. He's a great hitter for a little guy.And here he is making his first official scoring run. Here I am hitting - of course, I'm a great hitter too.
And running the bases.
And scoring. We had one decent afternoon and one really super cold and windy afternoon - burr!


And our second "T" for the week: "Trilobites".

We decided to take a trip to Delta, Utah - who would have thought we could have ended up having so much fun in Delta?!?! We went to a super cool place called U Dig Fossils - it is a trilobite quarry where you get to go in and dig for your own trilobite fossils. Trilobites are 500 million year old hard-shelled marine animals that lived all over the world including in a huge lake that covered most of Utah - Lake Bonneville. We had so much fun! Really! We all want to go back as soon as we can get away again!We found some really good fossils - we know there are more out there waiting for us. We had a yummy picnic lunch and then headed back in to town.
We had dinner and shared a yummy brownie sundae. All we cared about was that there was whipped cream and a lot of it!


Then we spent the night at a hotel and poked around town the next morning before heading back home.

We are definitely headed back - what a great way to spend a day!



Sam Alert: Howdy everyone. I'm loving playing on a T ball team! It's always been hard to be the little brother who has to sit by and watch. Now I get my own turn and I'm loving it! Check out this hit.And our trip to go fossil hunting was really, really fun. They even had hammers just our size.And a final picture of me from today's nap. I was super tired - but there's no better way to fall asleep than with a good book. Have a great week everyone!

No comments: