Spring Break - Part 1
I'm not really sure why you need a break from spring . . . but regardless, we enjoyed a few days off on a stay-cation. Sam and I each got a day to choose an activity - whatever we wanted to do. It had to be indoors though since our weather has been so cold and wet the last bit.
First up though - here we are enjoying a few minutes outside.

The first activity was my choice - the aquarium. Sam and mom got to go a few weeks back while I was in school. I wanted to see all the fun things they got to see. We started with a family picture - don't worry, it's just a picture. The shark isn't real.
Here we are on the frog. 

And here are some of the fun animals we got to see.
There was quite the variety of seahorses - cool!
And I even petted a sting ray - for a minute. My analogy for the way that the sting ray feels was to compare it to my cereal when it gets soggy in a bowl of milk. Sam still isn't ready to touch one after his last visit to the aquarium - they loved him so much that they scared him.
Just hanging out in the bayou. 
"Fish are friends . . . not food" - name that movie?
(Finding Nemo)
On our way home that afternoon, we stopped at Home Depot. They were sponsoring an Easter coloring contest. Being the artist that I am, I came straight home and colored my picture. We dropped it back off they next day. Do you think I'll win? There's a $25 gift card to the store for the winner. I'm already planning a wood project (with real tools!) for when I win!
The next activity was Sam's choice - he picked bowling. That kid loves to bowl. 
Here we are - gotta love the ramp that we get to use. It makes our bowling so much more accurate. 
There's always time for a little goofing around. 
And the winner is: Mason.
(Mom says next time she's using the ramp and bumper guards - so much for taking a bowling class in college.) 
And, as is our tradition, we hit the yummy ice cream place after a good game of bowling. We watched the best hail storm while eating our ice cream.
The weekend was spent shoveling a little snow, cleaning out the garage, and attending some family parties.
We went to our cousin Duke's first birthday party. We didn't get a picture of him, but he weighs more than Sam does.
You can't let good snow go to waste - SNOWBALL FIGHT!
Sam Alert: Hey everybody - Sam here. I give you two cute pictures of me from this week.
First up - me watching Curious George on mommy's ipad. I sure do love Curious George!
And me shoveling some snow. Gotta earn my keep around here anyway I can. Sam out - have a great week everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment